Scott's cabin? (Fromme) Have you seen it ? - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Default Scott's cabin? (Fromme) Have you seen it ?

So as I was rambling about fromme one day, along BP then up and down various MB trails I came across Scott's cabin? It's a log cabin, roof caved-in or removed, covered with a tarp. Not to be confused with the A frame nr dreamweaver. I know it's Scott's cabin cuz there is a little plaque with a photo of a man that says "scott's cabin" nailed to a tree nearby.
Just wonderting if anyone knows the story behind it. Had a bit of a strange experience related to it.
Ok, so i have had many reads but no replies, could you please reply even if you have seen this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 03:13 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by leebumblebee

Had a bit of a strange experience related to it.
Ok, so i have had many reads but no replies, could you please reply even if you have seen this?

Alright, now I'm curious. Do tell of your strange cabin experience.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

I would like to wait until I hear of someone elses knowledge of this before I elaborate further, out of respect for the site, for Scott.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 09:05 PM
Summit Master

You may want to check in with Mick Range and see if he can tell you anything. How dated is the Picture? did you go up MTN hwy and then cut off onto the BP? and loop back?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by pmicheals

You may want to check in with Mick Range and see if he can tell you anything. How dated is the Picture? did you go up MTN hwy and then cut off onto the BP? and loop back?
The picture is not that old?? maybe a few yrs? Not based on the content as much as the condition of the photo itself.
I was roaming with the GPS off, until I started feeling like I needed it, only to try and turn it on and discover the batteries were dead. [xx(]
I was so back and forth up and down that while i remember some of trails I went on I dont remember the order I did it in, and at what point exactly I saw the cabin.
I can say it is below MTN HWY, above BP, somewhere btwn St George's and Ladies Only??
Doesn't narrow it down much, does it?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 11:14 PM
Summit Master

There are a good half dozen or so cabins on the lower slopes of Fromme. Can't say I have visited this one personally or know of its story.

-Ryan

Edit: from your rather broad description... could be the one off of Grannies or one of the two off of Pink Starfish. Perhaps.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ryan.in.yaletown

There are a good half dozen or so cabins on the lower slopes of Fromme. Can't say I have visited this one personally or know of its story.

-Ryan

Edit: from your rather broad description... could be the one off of Grannies or one of the two off of Pink Starfish. Perhaps.
Definately the same area Ryan. I have only seen the one cabin, so far, as I said with the tarp on it.
I've heard there is an A frame with a tin roof nr DreamWeaver.
Mostly I am just wondering who knew? knows? Scott. What the story is there? Someone put the little plaque with his picture there.
Don't want to bother anyone by hanging around there.[8)]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 02:19 PM
Headed for the Mountains

His name is Scott Sylte. He built the cabin years ago with friends. Scott passed away last June (2011)and friends of his posted the picture at the cabin. Scott was a good man.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 11:52 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Hi guys,
My father was Scott's best friend. Scott, and my father, (and several other friends) built the cabin back around 1970 onwards. His widow and a friend put that plaque up shortly after his death. They spent a lot of time constructing that cabin, including crafting a wood oven and running water from the creek. The cabin was eventually abandoned around 1980 as they grew older and moved away. The whole thing was built by pulleys and young ingenuity... As well as plenty of spare time on their hands. It was slept in many weekends, even in winter. Hope this answered some of your questions

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page