Carolin Mines - Page 2 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Andrew Strain

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by brucew 522 grams per ton gold
The mine produced roughly 1354kg of gold from 900,000 tonnes of ore - a far cry from 522 grams per tonne!
You are right. actual result is 1.5 grams per tonne. Not even 1/3 percent of the prior estimate.

K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 09:18 AM
Ryl
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by magnetite

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Andrew Strain

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by brucew 522 grams per ton gold
The mine produced roughly 1354kg of gold from 900,000 tonnes of ore - a far cry from 522 grams per tonne!
A few samples at 522, maybe. The average grade was around 1.5 grams per ton. That's about $85/tonne at today's (record high) price. Recently, deposits averaging 0.5 g/t are getting lots of attention.
Yeah, that's one of the reasons they re-opened the Pioneer in Bralorne.

On that note, I find it hilarious that there are now Bralorne cabins that were abandoned for 80+ years being fixed up and flipped for $100K or more. How did someone even get the title to the things, first come first serve?
post #18 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 11:58 PM
Hittin' the Trails

They have gated a shaft into the mine but you can still explore the area.... 2 years ago off road vehicles were able to drive right into the mine itself and down several windy turns to the end where ore was dumped into the big pit.

When are are underr the old conveyor equipment looking up.... go up the road to the left then take I think the second smaller road to the right which doubles back acrss the face and ends at what was an open shaft.... bring headlamps for some exploring isnide though there is little of interest inside by way of equipment.... but interesting nontheless

there is another mine in the area... Emancipation which has some tracks still installed though i have not taken time to locate it s yet. You find it by turning left off the Carolin Mine Rd part way up.... then hiking to the mine entrance....

I do have some pics of the carolin Entrance etc.... but dont check this forum often

kaiswild@gmail.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2011, 12:09 AM
Summit Master

Interest: Women

I heard what could be a rumor... That someone hauled out several hundreds of meters of heavy duty copper wire from the mine (theft) which was valued at over a million $. My source of information COULD be wrong, but I heard it, he could be right. Apparently the new company in there would have to rewire it.

post #20 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2011, 06:33 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: hiking on and off trails , maintaining certain trails. recumbent bike on log/mining roads, and KVR, and for excercise in absolute comfort.

My quote of 522 gpt was from a website. Actual grams per ton varies as to what you drill in one hole does not reflect what you drill in the next hole. So would you be more excited as a shareholder that they found a piddly gold resource or something really good?
Where I work we process the wire that comes from Highland valley copper mine and it is not high grade pure copper wire. It is alot of rubber wrapped high voltage low amp wire valued at roughly 1.60 a pound. The Carilon mine would be rewired regardless of existing infrustucture , after all the mine is 20+ years from last production. Spider mountain is a nice place to visit. If you can't get to it from the Coquihalla side , you can access it from Boston bar on the Anderson creek fsr.
post #21 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 02:44 PM
Hittin' the Trails

The taxpayer paid to build that road. Henry Hawkin, Hope BC started it.
There should be public access to avail people to ensure miner is conducting proper operation.
Rocky. January 7, 2017

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page