John Skjaerlund cairn - Mt Robson - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, backpacking, snowshoeing, photography, computers, yoga and traveling.
Default John Skjaerlund cairn - Mt Robson

I rec'd the following email from someone in MI and they are wondering if we have more info.

"I graduated from high school with John Skjaerlund, a brilliant and extremely nice guy. Rumors have circulated in Michigan for years about the manner of his death. Some say he died in a mountain climbing accident, others a horseback riding accident. His cairn is mentioned on your web site, which certainly lends credibility to the mountain climbing story. Can you tell me what happened to him and when?"

From a Robson story that was written on CT, it was referenced in the part about the Hump to Extinguisher Tower.

Anyone know? Any photos of the cairn?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2016, 02:23 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongShadow View Post
I rec'd the following email from someone in MI and they are wondering if we have more info.

"I graduated from high school with John Skjaerlund, a brilliant and extremely nice guy. Rumors have circulated in Michigan for years about the manner of his death. Some say he died in a mountain climbing accident, others a horseback riding accident. His cairn is mentioned on your web site, which certainly lends credibility to the mountain climbing story. Can you tell me what happened to him and when?"

From a Robson story that was written on CT, it was referenced in the part about the Hump to Extinguisher Tower.

Anyone know? Any photos of the cairn?

Thanks!
Here are few pictures of the John's Skjaerlund cairn:
https://goo.gl/photos/tJ87GuvUaBDVNUhL7

I took them about July 2-3 20016.
Beautiful and quite place, rest in peace John.
( gps coordinates are approximate from Google maps, but once near Extinguisher Tower, it is easy to find it).
Yury.
P.S. You may freely copy or share this pictures.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page