Parking overnight at BC provincial parks - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Default Parking overnight at BC provincial parks

If you are going to camp somewhere at a provincial park that has paid parking, how do you pay for the amount of days that you are going to be away? For example, if at Alouette lake you're going to be away paddling for a few nights and leave the car at the picnic area parking lot, how do you pay for consecutive days?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 02:57 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: outdoors, hiking, camping, biking, cruising the seven seas

A annual park pass is only $25.00 so it might be more convenient and easier to buy one and not have to worry each time you stop in a park.

Dennis
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Mountains....

Those machines have simple to follow instructions do they not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 03:14 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by time2clmb

HA! I've tried to pay overnight at golden ears before, but the machine only took coins, and only let you pay for one hour at a time. Luckily I had a lot of change with me, so I kept feeding it in until I had a huge stack of 1 hour tickets (still not nearly enough to cover overnight). Then I lined them up on my dashboard and left a note telling them their machine was ridiculous. I didn't get in trouble.

More recently I tried to pay for overnight at the Garibaldi Rubble Ck parking lot. They have this fancy machine there that asks you questions. I tried to answer every question as well as I could, and in the end it charged me only $5 for a group of 4 staying overnight. It also told me that I had to be gone by 9am or so on Sunday morning, which was pretty lame since we were staying overnight Saturday night! Needless to say we failed to return by 9am in the morning. Didn't get in trouble there either though.

The parking stuff is such a big disaster. I can't imagine how complicated it must be to purchase an annual pass!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 03:18 PM
Dru
Super Moderator

Interest: climbing and spraying

Quote:

1) Bring hacksaw
2) Remove machine
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 03:36 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Women

Only way if you are on the lake is to have a friend drive out there and deposit the $3 or so per day for you.

Only other alternative, Parking Pass. Parking pass for $25/year is the best.

Another smart move for parking machines at provincial parks, is to let someone go ahead of you in line, sometimes the machines run out of paper and then you can park for free with a note on your dash explaining it is out of paper. Happened to me last week at Othello Tunnels. Several people put their money in first to find out the machine was out of paper lol.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Urban trekker

A annual park pass is only $25.00 so it might be more convenient and easier to buy one and not have to worry each time you stop in a park.

Dennis
I thought about it too, but I'm not sure if I'll go there enough to cover the cost of the pass.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:

Of course, pick time for 1 hour, 2 hours, or all day. That's overly simple, but...where is the option for multiple days?
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by swebster

Quote:

HA! I've tried to pay overnight at golden ears before, but the machine only took coins, and only let you pay for one hour at a time. Luckily I had a lot of change with me, so I kept feeding it in until I had a huge stack of 1 hour tickets (still not nearly enough to cover overnight). Then I lined them up on my dashboard and left a note telling them their machine was ridiculous. I didn't get in trouble.
Then you overpaid them. All day parking is $3, 1 hour is $1 if I remember correctly.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by AcesHigh

Only way if you are on the lake is to have a friend drive out there and deposit the $3 or so per day for you.
That doesn't make any sense and is absurd. They can't expect us to run around like this for their $3 a day. There got to be another way.

Quote:
quote:
Only other alternative, Parking Pass. Parking pass for $25/year is the best.

Another smart move for parking machines at provincial parks, is to let someone go ahead of you in line, sometimes the machines run out of paper and then you can park for free with a note on your dash explaining it is out of paper. Happened to me last week at Othello Tunnels. Several people put their money in first to find out the machine was out of paper lol.
Yeah, this happens to me more often than I have to pay them anything. Their machines are always broken or out of paper. And it's really not fair that people have to pay first and not get their money back when it's out of paper. I mean common, this is theft in my books. How hard is it to implement a refund or shut down completely once the last piece of paper is printed out?!
post #11 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 05:38 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Arnold

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by swebster

Quote:

Then you overpaid them. All day parking is $3, 1 hour is $1 if I remember correctly.
I think I went in in the "winter" or "spring" when there was still snow everywhere and by some miracle they had not locked the gate. The machine was one of those old-school put your coins in the slots and then push the thing in and out devices like at a laundromat. As I recall there were no real options...
post #12 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 05:56 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Women

[quote]quote:Originally posted by Arnold

Quote:
Originally posted by AcesHigh

That doesn't make any sense and is absurd. They can't expect us to run around like this for their $3 a day. There got to be another way.
There is no other way, perhaps they SHOULD allow people to pay for multiple days but they don't, 1 day at a time and hourly is all they do. On the machine it tells you to order a pass online for ease. Likely this will help their parking pass sales.

post #13 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 08:21 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dru

Quote:

1) Bring hacksaw
2) Remove machine
[^]
post #14 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Banned

[quote]quote:Originally posted by AcesHigh

Quote:

Quote:
Originally posted by AcesHigh

There is no other way, perhaps they SHOULD allow people to pay for multiple days but they don't, 1 day at a time and hourly is all they do. On the machine it tells you to order a pass online for ease. Likely this will help their parking pass sales.
I have hard time believing that people that go boating/hiking overnight all have yearly parking permits. That doesn't sound credible at all.
post #15 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 12:00 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
I have hard time believing that people that go boating/hiking overnight all have yearly parking permits. That doesn't sound credible at all.
I'm sure they don't. The parking system is a mess. I wouldn't even mind having to pay so much, but it causes me hassle because it isn't done properly.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page