Somewhere far from Vancouver - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 01:40 AM Thread Starter

Default Somewhere far from Vancouver

Does anybody have any info on spectacular trails farther then the lower mainland and sea to sky? Last summer I went to Ts'il?os Provincial park just off of highway 20 between Bella Coola and Williams lake. We found this really beautiful mini peninsula with about a 12 foot cliff that's at the tip of the peninsula sticking out towards the middle of Chilko lake. The water is Beautiful turquoise blue and the wind is so powerful that this mini peninsula only grows this tundra looked shrub. The water has almost ocean like waves. We had to hike through some dense overgrowth and blowdown southward from the Nu Chugh Beniz campground. I heard there's some nice trails off of the north tip of the lake, does anybody know where I can get a map for the Potato range trail the links Chilko lake to Tatlyayoko lake? Also theres the Yohetta Valley, Tchaikazan Valley loop. I wouldn't mind getting a map of that either.
Does anybody have any stories of Tweedsmuir provincial park, or wells gray, or somewhere in the Kootenay's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 09:48 AM
Off the Beaten Path

Yes thats a wonderfull spot, full of the spirit of the people who have always owned it. And i have a story, a [non]urban ledgend i will post soon.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 10:02 AM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: Climbing, rock/alpine or ice...hiking and that sort of stuff

The Cadwallader/Bendor area is quite beautiful. The Chilko/Tatlayoko lake region that you mention is incredibly beautiful..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 04:09 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: Bumming around above treeline.

The tchaikazan valley is pimp, for lack of a better word, as is the area around spectrum pass. It's a must-see. If you have more time head up the valley to the toe of the tchaikazan glacier. Absolute gold! bring bear spray.

Do a search for "tchaikazan", I wrote a Tr last year.

B

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page