Off the Beaten Path
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Surrey, BC, Canada.
Interest: Getting outside in any capacity.
I usually pack a few different things depending on how much rain is in the forecast, including:
1. Frogg Toggs Ultralight Rain Suit - Works amazing in heavy downpours and consistent rain through the day to keep myself and layers dry. Con - Doesn't breathe well.
2. Marmot Precip packable rain jacket - Works amazing in light-moderate rain without wetting out
3. Nylon Tarps for around camp - Great for cooking and getting outside of the tent in all kinds of rain
4. Small umbrella - great for sporadic/intermittent showers
5. Extra heavy duty garbage bags - great for keeping gear dry, as a pack liner, or covering sleeping bags etc.
6. Pack cover - For extra protection I treat with nikwax or a silicone based waterproofing spray. A must.