There are really no legit places to fly a drone anymore, with the exception of the backcountry. These new rules went in about a month ago. Even in the backcountry there will be "animals" so not ok by the rules.
I really enjoyed flying in parks, of course away from people, but that has been taken away now as well.
Do not fly your drone:
- higher than 90 m above the ground
- closer than 75 m from buildings, vehicles, vessels, animals, people/crowds
- closer than nine km from the centre of an aerodrome (any airport, heliport, seaplane base or anywhere that aircraft take-off and land)
- within controlled or restricted airspace
- within nine km of a forest fire
- where it could interfere with police or first responders
- at night or in clouds
- if you canít keep it in sight at all times
- if you are not within 500 m of your drone
- if your name, address, and telephone number are not clearly marked on your drone.