ClubTread Community - View Single Post - Mount Assiniboine Provincial Park

View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 02:00 PM
SarcasticMarmot
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeljkok View Post
To be Devil Advocate, but I always thought BC Parks were doing good job overall. Garibaldi is so close to multi-million metro area & not easy to manage. Then Mt. Robson for instance; ultra popular, more than Assiniboine & it still works reasonably well. I never understood the need for Golden Ears gate as well as wide opening/paving Joffre Lakes trail though.

But yes, Kananaskis is well managed. For instance I keep finding new bridges everywhere post-floods; compare this to National Parks where if something gets destroyed (like bridge on Caldron lake trail, or bridge over Athabasca on Fortress Lake trail) it just stays like that.
Robson is a fair counter point. That area is very well taken care of (thank goodness!). Which makes it all the more baffling that they do such a poor job around Vancouver. Having such a large population nearby means the need for proper management is greater, not less.

As for the National Parks, I agree completely! Did you read Brian Patton's blog about Jasper? http://canadianrockiestrailguide.com...-trail-crisis/

Not the fastest, but I get to where I am going and enjoy it.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome