ClubTread Community - View Single Post - Site Suggestions and Improvements

View Single Post
post #30 of (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 04:05 PM
treord8
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: Hiking (obviously), snowshoeing, backpacking

I haven't been posting long, so I can't say much about how posting/pictures have changed recently, but I have searched it for trip reports and I have been posting TR's over on Livetrails.com for the past year so I can speak when comparing with that site. As far as searchability, I would echo what others have said, its hard to find all TR's for a given trail, and I think this is in large part due to lack of consistency of TR format and titles; I like Livetrails with respect to this as every TR gets linked to a particular trail that is in the database and any user can add a new trail if it is not already in the database. It also has a map segment (as do the main trail sites in Washington and Oregon), where it is easy to scroll around to different regions/locations and click on trails that you are interested in. I also like that it is easy to add a GPS track and photos to each TR on Livetrails, as you can easily add from Facebook, Flickr, youtube or other online picture/video site accounts, or upload from your computer. That being said, that site is limited primarily to TR's while clubtread has many more useful discussions about a variety of topics, and there is a much broader information base on clubtread through previous postings, trail wiki's, and the current active user base. I think it may be useful for the IT department to look into adding similar features that other sites currently offer. Hope that adds some value to the conversation.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome