ClubTread Community - View Single Post - Site Suggestions and Improvements

View Single Post
post #28 of (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 12:04 PM
xj6response
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanike View Post

Now when I write a report I get nothing but issues posting photos! It has been extremely frustrating and on my last report Karl V actually went in and posted my photos for me! (Mt. Pilchuck, WA.). I have tried to figure this out for myself by writing reports using Safari, Firefox, uploading less pictures, etc. but for me I always get the same message about not being able to post photos because some blasted security token is missing... well what is it? and what's the point of posting a trip report without pictures? I've been here trying to persevere... I'm pretty loyal! but I admit to becoming fed up.
Well said Kanike. let's hope for improvement that will hold you to CT

truth be told, it takes a bit of bit geekiness to be happy with a) copy/paste of an image address then b) insert [img] [/img] then c) minus the ampersand and 'thumbs' text to display pics insitu frame type, all on top of making sure the image dimensions and disk size are not violated. A few of us are geeks that way but most are not and why should anyone have to put up with that?

CT really should have a straight ahead drag+drop of images, with automatic resizing to fit dimension and /or size requirements. That's why Facebook is easy, because you don't have to care about the dimensions/size of your image or monkeying around with xml elements and image addresses, it just forces your dragged picture through a compliance checker and does it for you.

This stuff is not hard to code.

So let it be written, so let it be done

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome