ClubTread Community - View Single Post - Paranoid Creek Bridge Decommission

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 07:33 PM
msulkers
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Exploring the Coast Mountains and surrounding ocean waters in all seasons.

In my experience, the Ministry of Forests, Lands, and Natural Resources and the Ministry of Environment operate on a very different program. That is likely a considerable concern in this regard. It seems that the MoE is much more enforcement oriented and the Recreational Sites and Trails BC component of MFLNR is more into facilitation. It is unfortunate that this issue came under the scrutiny of the MoE, but it is probably also important to understand how it came under that scrutiny.

I've also experienced where within the the MFLNR, different agents took radically different approaches to enforcement and facilitation. Sometimes a very worthy initiative gets shutdown, perhaps for reasons that Stoked has suggested.

I do not think that gesplin's suggestion would actually work in this situation. I don't believe for a moment that the powers that be believe that "free" access to the outdoors is the future, unless of course, one is a corporation with all the bells and whistles...would love to be proven wrong on this account, however...

Fun is where you make it...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome