ClubTread Community - View Single Post - BC Recent Conditions Reports

View Single Post
post #183 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2015, 05:26 PM
John and Katie
High on the Mountain Top

Default Mt. Amadis via Edmeston Rd.

Feb. 28, 2015

Hackles up for about 50% of this hike. I wasn't sure if it was bear, coyote or big cat tracks that were catching her concern until we finally hit a trail and were coming across many mounds of buried scat. This went on all along the ridge, so I am assuming this is prime cat territory.

Trail conditions...this trail is a mess. An uninspiring dense forest of skinny and rotting trees where many of those rotting and skinny trees are falling across the trail. The colour green doesn't really exist below the canopy. This time of year anyway (our first time).

The ridge was kind of unique with it's narrow spine much of the way. One spooky spot of the ridge where it looks to be crumbling its way down to the valley floor. Didn't want to stand there too long.

Finally hit Mt. Amadis. This is just below the summit and the only interesting viewpoint throughout.

Up several meters is the actual summit, but completely treed.

It was a long, cold and windy trip up through the trees, so I suspect the warmth of the sun is really soaking in here. : )

On the way back I kept wondering why this trail was put in, in the first place. It takes over from Mt. St. Benedict as our least enjoyable hike. : )

Attached Images

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome