ClubTread Community - View Single Post - Car discussion

Thread: Car discussion
View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 12:48 PM
Arnold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellymcdonald78 View Post
I'm sorry, but its more than that. There are forums full of discussions on the topic and how to resolve it, people have written books on it, class action law suits have been filed, a slew of aftermarket parts available to address it. While worn bushings and loose bolts are often the culprit, people have experienced the issue on relatively new vehicles (as in less than a year old) even while following the manufactures maintenance recommendations. Fundamentally is it related to the solid front axle design.
I can see you have hard time understanding the fundamental cause of this issue. You have an axle attached to your frame. You have wheels attached to the axle. These wheels go over a bump and the impact is absorbed by the shocks. This is when all is good and well. Now, in a case where one of the components becomes loose, it can make the entire axle act as a "shock absorber", and will cause the uncontrollable shaking of the wheels. Find the loose component, tighten it up or replace it, and problem goes away. Obviously, people who don't understand the issue will blame it on the "mice" or whatever demon they fear living inside the axle.

Quote:
Toyota's who have converted to solid front ends experience it, Ford F-250s and F-350's with solid front ends experience it.
Yes, just like unicorns, flawless vehicles don't exist. There are so many things that can go wrong: fuel problems, ignition problems, starter problems, cooling problems, internal engine problems, transmission problems, etc, etc, etc. I suggest you steer clear of any machinery that uses these technologies, because every single one of them experiences them. Instead, gather a big group like yourself and file a lawsuit against the laws of physics.

Quote:
It's a design trade off
It's not a design trade off. It's something you don't understand and, hence, label it as a "design trade off".

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome