ClubTread Community - View Single Post - Al's Habrich Ridge (Squamish Gondola)

View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
zeljkok
Summit Master

Thanks Mr B. I looked at your report before heading out & recognized couple of shots. Instead of following flags up steep gully you continued up the draw to viewpoint some 10-15 mins ahead. I left this for return, but ran out of time.

Want to add couple more shots, as Robins connector is such a great route with fantastic views. First meadowy shoulder where Habrich comes into view. Views back to Tantalus are good as well (2nd photo); and you can also see Sky Pilot and Ledge (3rd photo). Bump along Habrich west ridge is kinda in the way -- this would be grand unobstructed view of entire Shannon horseshoe and I believe it is no more than an hour from there:

There are also good views down to Indian FSR. This is the valley sometimes used for approach for ascent of Habrich via NE route, as in this report, as well as several other objectives simonc has documented over the years. You can also see Muligan (left), Anif (center, heart shaped) and connecting ridge to Baldwin to right - all great snowshoe trips:

Finally the spot where one can branch for side trip to Yukos ponds. Cross slabs above this small waterfall (fed by ponds outlet), and follow blue flags for some 10 minutes. It is possible to re-connect with Robins route from there; it is steep up couple of bluffs with ropes attached:

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome