ClubTread Community - View Single Post - Your Five Favourite Pictures of the Year

View Single Post
post #99 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2013, 12:06 PM
solo75
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Photography, Nature Observation, Health & Fitness, Nutrition, Shinrin-yoku

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Farmer

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Aqua Terra
Really? OK
No human sees pic #4 as its posted. I like Karls comment on a different thread awhile ago. He said the pics look like a hybrid of photo and a painting. He nailed it exactly. One of my cameras shoots RAW all the time, and they look pretty close to as shoot and seen, only small correction are needed.
Art? sure, someones expression of a moody scene? yes, photo realistic? no
There is no purist in me, but its clear to most what is doctored beyond natural. Surely all magazine ads etc are done with heavy correcting and HDR, but a good photographer will shoot the best he can and keep corrections to a minimum.

Of course there are artists that want to take a frame and completely change it to an art frame or end up using it only part of the details to create a new scene. But thats not the point here is it?
Horseshit. I've stood at that same spot many times, and that is the best capture of what it really looks like that I have seen.
Thanks, one has to be there to see. Not much different from the original shot.
Great shots everyone, I hope more people post their photos before the end of the year.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome