ClubTread Community - View Single Post - Bluerock Mountain

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 09:21 PM
Aqua Terra
Summit Master

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MtnNinja

This approach is terrific for people who love mountain biking. I did the Gorge Creek loop a few years ago and loved it. It is one of the best biking routes in the Rockies. You start at the Gorge Creek trailhead, 4 km fro mthe SR 546. It`s not the Ware Creek trailhead as I stated in my previous post). Gorge Creek is well named. There`s a well defined trail that takes you to the pass between Bluerock and Rose. It starts at the junction of Gorge Creek trail and the Threepoint trail. Originally I intended to do the north ridge as described by Daffern, but I ended up going straight up the face. The north ridge route starts right at the pass. You go up a scree slope and then you follow the ridge to the summit. The north ridge is a safer route, especially when the north face is covered in snow. Bluerock Mountain is a lot of fun and one of the most prominent mountains you can see from Calgary.
good to see you still post, will definately have to hit you up for real time info, once we get our butts out your way

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome