ClubTread Community - View Single Post - Rockwall, ho!

Thread: Rockwall, ho!
View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 07:12 AM
Sodbuster
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dougz

Thanks, Sodbuster..

Like I say, I'll phone tomorrow and see what kind of penalty there would be switching the 2nd night from Numa to Floe.

I mostly did it for the camp fires, which our family enjoys. I might leave it as is, and let the chips fall where they may (especially if they want to ding me).

Nice photos! What kind of camera do you have? Mine's a Canon G 12. It's alright, but I always seem to have to play with exposures levels, etc. when I go to 'process' them on the PC.

What time of year did you go?
August 17-21 2011. I don't recall the bugs being bad at all, but that varies from year to year and people have different tolerance levels for such things.

Cameras: I used my Canon Rebel (DSLR) on that trip, some of the photos and the video are from a Canon G11 that my son was using. G11 is a good camera, I use it when I don't want to pack a bulkier camera but it doesn't have the dynamic range of a DSLR. Everything was post-processed in Adobe Lightroom.

A tip for your G12, turn on the histogram function on the review screen and use it rather than what you "see" on the screen to gauge if you are getting accurate exposures in the field. How you have the brightness levels of the LCD screen set will sometimes make things look brighter or darker than it will appear on your PC - the actual exposure of the capture. Without getting too technical, you want the histogram to have most of the data in the center, not stacked up at either end. Should be outlined in the manual or pick up an after-market manual for your camera, I'll bet there are lots of features there you didn't know existed.

Something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Buschs-Powersh...d_bxgy_b_img_y

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome