ClubTread Community - View Single Post - Day hikes with 4 month old in early/mid September?

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 06:49 AM Thread Starter
qwimjim
Headed for the Mountains

Everyone has been very helpful in this thread and the other one I started, this forum has been invaluable. We decided to skip Waterton and come back when we have a full week to devote to it.. so this is what I'm thinking would be interesting on our second go around:

Lake Louise: Plain of Six Glaciers (pretty straightforward hike?)
Yoho: Iceline, Takakkaw Falls
Icefields Hwy: Bow Hut
Bugaboo's: Conrad Kain Hut
Roger's Pass: Perley Rock (if snow all gone by Labour Day) otherwise Glacier Crest.

I've never been on any of these but from what I've read here and elsewhere, all of these hikes are straightforward on good trails, no scrambling or rocking hopping, right? Someone mentioned there's a ladder on the Conrad Kain hike but that it shouldn't pose a problem. And that if there's still snow on the Perley Rock trail it isn't advisable given my circumstances but would be fine if the snow is gone. Well, let me know if you think any of these might not be a good idea. I especially like the idea of two hut hikes because mom and baby can sit and relax for a bit while I go scramble around a little higher.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome