ClubTread Community - View Single Post - Your Five Favourite Pictures of the Year

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
mick range
Summit Master

Interest: Outdoor stuff...especially scrambling,trailrunning,mountain biking,kayaking,and hiking, and of course photography

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by zeljkok

Vicar Lakes from Mt. Bishop in North Shore Mountains. This is not a pano; photo was taken as regular landscape frame, but then I cropped lower third. I really like this one -- maybe because I was looking at Mt. Bishop for number of years from Kits Beach, but never ventured that way due to access logistic problems. This year combination of new Bear Island bridge and clearing of Vicar Lakes trail really opened up the area; I still think of this as one of best trips I made this year.
I really like this shot too especially because despite having been up there a number of times I haven't been able to shoot this view clearly. I know what you mean; climbing it almost means more having anticipated it so long a time. Nice too that Bishop has a very diverse approach, where you get to bike a little, haul up and down on ropes, scramble a bit, and walk a really cool forest also

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome