ClubTread Community - View Single Post - Unite the Rockies!

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Rachelo
Super Moderator

Interest: hiking, backpacking, scrambling, climbing

Sure, nothing's perfect. But there seems to be general support from people who post and read Rocky Mountain TRs for them being in one forum, and I haven't heard anyone opposed, other than a couple Vancouverites who point out that the BC Rockies are in BC.
That's why I don't have a big stake in the Interior BC forum. It makes sense to me, but I don't have a strong horse in that race, and I'd rather not hang this question on a broader redistribution that never happens. But the BC Rockies question is a regular thing with people who use the area.
So why not give Alberta/Rockies a try? It seems to have worked well to subdivide Vancouver Island.

I can't see any good reason to subdivide the Rockies. I think the idea is to have a few TR forums, not a gazillion, and the Rockies don't get so much posting that each park needs its own forum. The Rockies in one forum would be actively used, but not so busy that TRs quickly get lost. And the Rockies are close enough as one whole that people from both Edmonton and Calgary seem to visit the other end reasonably often. Trips in Jasper get plenty of interest/views/comments from Calgary.
If you want to specify where the trip was, there are parks-based divisions you can title your TR under within one forum, but creating 4+ forums out of one that functions well (other than having half the BC Rockies reports) doesn't seem necessary or practical.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome