ClubTread Community - View Single Post - Larrabee State Park - NEW Rock Trail & Beyond

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-05-2014, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
calixtomoon
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Love the outdoors. Trying new things. And at night......BOGGLE!
Default Larrabee State Park - NEW Rock Trail & Beyond

This trail was built by WTA and officially opened on April 26. Both the trail and the scenery are beautiful. Definitely worth driving south for, but I would add some of the other trails to make it a nice long day hike.

On Saturday, our group took the Rock Trail from the end of Cleator Road to the Lost Lake Trail and went around the back side of the lake to the awesome waterfall and had lunch on a nice open spot above the lake. After lunch, we took the Lost Lake Trail back the way we had come and then went down, down, down to Fragrance Lake Road and then UP, UP, UP the Double Diamond Trail back to our vehicles. Distance was 10.8k, but unsure of elevation gain and loss…

We finished our day off with late lunch at the Colophon Cafe in Fairhaven… tasty food, and they have a yummy hard cider!

This was such a great workout with beautiful forest scenery. We will definitely be going back to explore more of these trails. The WTA is a great organization and they really do an amazing job of keeping the trails in top shape. I'll be doing my first work party with them this summer! Once they see the mess I can create with a handsaw, I may be asked to never return

Chaos, Panic & Disorder----my work here is done.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome