ClubTread Community - View Single Post - East Lion and The Enchantment Loop- Sept. 30, 2012

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
DeanP
Headed for the Mountains

Default East Lion and The Enchantment Loop- Sept. 30, 2012

The plan was to do only East Lion. I find the exposure in the gully was quite terrifying. I went to look around on to the right side of the gully if I could find an easy route but I ended going back to the gully.

90m rappel brought me down safe to the ramp.

I went hike up to the saddle of Thomas-East Lion and back down to check out the small lake at the North side, also to get water(this is the only water source from Enchantment -Harvey pass), and then I went up to the summit of West Lion. Hoards of people going up and down.

I had time so I thought it would be fun to do a loop all the way to Brunswick and watch the sunset at the summit. I started descending from WL and work my way up to Thomas-James-David. I didn't even know that there's a name for those bumps until I got home to check on bivouac of what I did.

I didn't make it to Brunswick. I was so dehydrated that my legs seized up and I was almost choking up from my own saliva. I spent an hour at Harvey pass napping and eating berries to recuperate...I waited at the Harvey summit for the sunset, and descended in the dark back to my car.

The loop was very scenic.

Message to all backcountry users: Please do not leave your turd in the middle of the trail for everyone to see. It's pretty sad to see your mess and toilet paper scattered around. Do your business far from the trail, dig a hole, or cover it with rocks.

Ascent, ramp, East Lion summit view, and yours truly

Descending East Lion, gully,

Crowded West Lion

Enchantment-Harvey Pass (Thomas, James, David)

Sunset on Harvey

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome