Canmore - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2021, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Default Canmore

Hi all, British expat now in Canmore for the last 6 years. Avid hiker and recently completed a Yamnuska Snow and Ice course to open up the world of mountaineering. More courses to come.

I’m hoping to find/give trip reports, make some contacts for adventures and to contribute in the community.

Strangely I’ve never befriended anyone in Canmore who’s interested in mountaineering so i hope this forum gives me the possibility to push on with some objectives. My goal is to complete the 58 11,000ers of the Rockies and the 23 10,000ers of Kananaskis, I have no time set to do them. Just gradually tick them off…
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2021, 01:53 AM
Summit Master

This Forum is well past it's heydays, but you are more than welcome & it would be real nice to have someone else besides myself contribute on Rockies side.

Hopefully this awful smoke in Bow Valley is going to lift, for first time today I could clearly see Lady Mac/Grotto or Ha Ling/EEOR on the other side
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2021, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Thank you!
I was delighted today to see the smoke has cleared…for now. Shame an 8 hr shift is in the way to enjoy it.
I think Miners Peak could be on the cards for an evening stroll!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2021, 11:33 AM
Hittin' the Trails

love this forum
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2021, 01:28 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: Hiking, backpacking, kayaking

Cooper87,
I am not local but am pretty sure there is technical climbing activity in Canmore, Kananaskis, and along Thompson Highway almost any weekend of the year, though the groups may not be based in Canmore. I will try to find out more when my climbing pen pal returns from this weekend's exploits.

zeljkok,
Be of good cheer! Canada's neighbors to the south are getting pushed out of national parks - too many people, plus permits needed, and timed entry - and looking for other places to enjoy the great outdoors in a strenuous manner. The Canadian Rockies would be a natural extension.
I will look through my photos from the before-COVID days and see if any are worthy of a retrospective TR.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page