New Member from Burnaby, BC - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Interest: Hiking, skiing, gardening, mushrooming
Default New Member from Burnaby, BC

Hi! I'm happy to join the forums; there is a lot of helpful information about traveling in the back country. I'm a retired senior who used to do a lot of peak bagging in the Lower Mainland with my brother, and solo; but, since he died a few years ago, my interest in peaks has subsided. These days, most of my hikes are day trips, primarily for foraging edible mushrooms or just exercise. I tried a backpacking trip into the Grand Canyon last year but found that I couldn't sleep during any of the 3 nights in a tent; so, day trips and car camping are the best choices left. We used to go back country skiing practically every weekend during winter and early spring, but that activity has been reduced to just a few trips a year lately. Still, I hope to be able to contribute a few posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-25-2018, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

Vitog.

Great post and message. Total agreement with you there; in our youth we were a lot more ambitous. Now is great to just get out and be there, to feel nature in the flesh...

K

Hiking is what keeps you young of mind and heart. When the going gets tough, the tough get going..............

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page