You can't take the mountain out of the man ... - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By SummitFinder

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Default You can't take the mountain out of the man ...

"You can take the man out of the mountain, but you can't take the mountain out of the man" - RCB

I come from a family with several mountaineers, though the only one in my generation of my immediate family. Originally from Argentina, I got a taste of the mountains when we travelled to the interior, and fell in love with them. However, living in Buenos Aires, it is not as simple to wake up and drive to a mountain and thus, it become very infrequent.

During my mid-teen years, my family and I made the trans global move from the south end of the world to the north end, and moved to BC. I immediately fell in love with BC and the multiple faces to climb, hike, conquer. I managed to make like minded friends and got to enjoy the mountains. We planned to summit Mt Baker and progress from there when I met my wife.

My priorities shifted once we married and had kids and we slowly stepped away from the climbs. Now, as my kids reach their teens, I am again fuelled with the passion to find my next summit. Last summer I met another climber and have picked up almost where left off. We summited Golden Ears, which is a decent training climb, and that ignited a fire inside us both.

I now look to my next big summer summits; The Judge (Mt Judge Howay), Mt Baker, as we look ahead to Aconcagua, the highest summit in the Americas and the second most prominent summit in the world.

But, "it is not the summits that make the climbs worthwhile, but the climbs that make the summit worthwhile." ~RCB
Whether it is the Eiger, the Matterhorne, Baker, or The Judge I certainly know that each climb makes the summit worthwhile.

Happy climbing.
Ricardo
russellcoffin likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 06:49 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitFinder View Post
But, "it is not the summits that make the climbs worthwhile, but the climbs that make the summit worthwhile." ~RCB
I like that! So true.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page