ClubTread Community

ClubTread Community (https://forums.clubtread.com/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://forums.clubtread.com/41-new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Newbie photo limit? (https://forums.clubtread.com/41-new-member-introductions/49265-newbie-photo-limit.html)

PhilR 11-16-2014 12:02 AM

Newbie photo limit?

Hello CT world!

I posted this same comment in the "New Site Upgrade..." thread, but it may have got lost amongst the other, and obviously important information getting batted around there, as this new site gets the wrinkles ironed out. So please excuse the duplication.

I have posted one TR to date - 8 pictures included, added by drag-and-drop.

When I look at my attachments section on my control panel, it seems that I have only 10MB total for pictures. On this basis, one or two more TRs and my allocation will be full. This doesn't make sense to me. Am I doing something wrong here?

I have carried out a number of searches over the site for information, but have come up short. The only information regarding attachments that I can find (here) does not specify anything about overall storage capacity per person - newbie or not.

Is this a starting member limit? If so, when does that change? Is it related to time? Is it related to # of posts?

solo75 11-16-2014 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilR (Post 553665)
Hello CT world!

When I look at my attachments section on my control panel, it seems that I have only 10MB total for pictures. On this basis, one or two more TRs and my allocation will be full. This doesn't make sense to me. Am I doing something wrong here?

There appears to be a certain MB limit or 15 photos per post whichever comes first.

PhilR 11-16-2014 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solo75 (Post 553809)
There appears to be a certain MB limit or 15 photos per post whichever comes first.

What I seem to have is a 10MB quota in total, not just per post. I tried to compile a couple more TRs over the last few days, but uploading the photos would surpass the limit. Seems crazy.

I'll tinker around with it and see if there is something I can figure out, but I'm mostly just working in the dark on this.

zeljkok 11-16-2014 01:32 PM

I'd suggest simply putting photos on some (free) online site (flickr, picasa, etc) then hot linking within report. It looks way better that way, with inline images inside text instead of attachment at the bottom where context is already lost. We had this feature in old CT, but now it seems it to be gone.

KARVITK 11-16-2014 01:49 PM

I tried 3 times; 1 hour wasted , end result one photo posted. The last (3rd attempt) using drag & drop (10 photos) said I was missing a security token, and hence the 'manage' download ... had an empty result.

I find this extremely annoying and a lot of waste of time, .... hope this is ironed out. Or is there simple procedure.

Twice had a batch ready for upload, and then the last image appeared full size, and no where to back out...

K

zeljkok 11-16-2014 01:53 PM

Actually it seems you can inline photos as thumbs (like we used to do in old CT).
Check out martin report
https://forums.clubtread.com/27-briti...4-11-07-a.html

I have to play around to see how it's done

solo75 11-16-2014 05:28 PM

Another way which one can add photos is to create an album in your profile which holds up to 10 photos then when you do a trip report and click on the photo icon it will tell you to enter the BB code which is found under the photos in your album. When you copy and paste make sure to delete the [img] tags at beginning and end.
I assume you can create as many albums as you want but one album has a limit of 10 photos or xx MB.
You can control the size of the photo somewhat by going to Settings and Options then click on Edit Options..scroll down to Thread Display Options then to Image Resize.

PhilR 11-17-2014 02:49 AM

So, now I cannot post any more photos, apparently I have "exceeded my quota." I took a screenshot to attach here, but forgot that I wouldn't be able to upload it! Doh!