ClubTread Community - View Single Post - Mantario Trail - August 2009

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
spyderwings
Hittin' the Trails

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by blackfly

Nice! Good to see my old stompin grounds That's a good trail, and it looks like they've increased the signage a bit. Is the detour towards Caribou still on an old road? I usually avoid that section because I've foud it kinda boring, just brushy. Past Marion lake, you really get a great feel for the shield I've done that trip a few times, once with a friend and we got around the one vehicle problem with bicycles to create a loop and that was a really enjoyable way to finish.

Thanks for the report!
Ya, the detour to Caribou is down an old 'road'. It only took about 20 minutes to get there though, and it was just gorgeous. Turned out to be a great place for lunch. As for the bikes, that sounds like a great idea! I'm probably going to be out in Gimli again next summer, and I'd like to do the whole trail. With some other people too. Would you care to elaborate on how you worked the loop with bikes and 1 vehicle? Did you drive to the north, drop off the bikes and then drive to the south to leave the vehicle and start hiking?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome