The enchantments - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2015, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Default The enchantments

I looking for a way to get to the Enchantments, at least a part of them, starting at Snow Lake, not Asgard Pass. I can hike about seven-8 miles a day so I would have to stop overnight at the halfway point since it is 14 miles in. My only open time is May 17-May 23.
I know I could not do it alone, nor carry all of my gear. This is hard to ask. I asked the same on Portland Hikers & was told, without any questions asked, that if I could not do the work, I would enjoy the experience less. Here's the deal: I am 68. I am small framed. 5'3". Haven't been backpacking overnight for over twenty years. I do many day hikes, carrying my camera & tripod. That's not so hard, so I know I could carry more in my new backpack. But I doubt if I could do tent, sleeping bag too.
I want so much to get to the Enchantments before I am very much older. Does anyone have any ideas? I would rent a Llama but doubt they are allowed. I would pay someone to help me carry my load.
Thank-you,
Lois
loisbanc@gorge.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 09:34 AM
Hittin' the Trails

Interest: Backpacking, hiking, scrambling, mountaineering

A couple of weeks ago I was talking to someone who said that their father did at least part of the enchantments using a llama. I don't have any details, but it is worth checking out.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page