3rd edition of Alan Kane's Scramble book. Is it ever gonna come out? - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2015, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Default 3rd edition of Alan Kane's Scramble book. Is it ever gonna come out?

Hi guys.
I've been eagerly waiting for the new edition of this book as a lot of you have too. Its release date has been pushed back many times before and it seems it's happened again :-( . It was supposed to be available for June 1st 2015 but it looks like it's been postponed to August 3rd. Amazon.ca, indigo.ca and rmbooks(the publisher) say the same.

Anybody knows the reason for this delay? I'm very disappointed as the scrambling season is starting and I could make good use of it :-(
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 03:43 PM
Dru
Super Moderator

Interest: climbing and spraying

The disappointing thing here is that the cover model is wearing all grey clothing to climb a grey rock.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 04:37 PM
Summit Master

Don't think too many people will like new cover, but more likely because old Pika cover was such a classic.

Only publishers know why it was pushed, but it could be because access on so many front-ranges targets has changed past 2013 floods & it took time to redo/reinsert correct info.

There is also on-going thread about new ed of Kane scrambles in Alberta forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2015, 12:04 AM
Hittin' the Trails

Interest: Scrambling, rock climbing, road biking & landscape photography

I recently wrote Rocky Mountain Books about this very topic as this endless tease of a new edition is becoming annoying and it is extremly hard to find used copies of anything but the first edition - which does not have a lot of the routes. I got a reply from a Rick Woods, Publishing Assistant who let me know they are firmly anticipating a April 2016 release. Here is his response:

"Hey Brandon: Afraid so. We're aiming for late March now. There were more updates needed with changes in terrain since the last edition, and we wanted to take the time to make sure the information was as accurate and up to date as possible for everyone's safety.

We will try to update the release date on the RMB website page for the book as production moves along, so you can check back there early in 2016 to see if it has moved. But for now, late March/early April 2016 is likely.

Cheers,
Rick"

So.....April 2016 it is
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 09:48 PM
Hittin' the Trails

The new scrambles book is (finally) here! From 11am -4pm on Saturday, May 14, I will be signing copies of Scrambles in the Canadian Rockies 3rd edition at Indigo Books Signal hill location, Calgary. There will also be 6 other RMB authors including Andrew Nugara and Tony & Gillean Daffern. Details at https://www.facebook.com/events/2226...tive_tab=posts
I am hoping for rain that day.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 12:01 AM
Hittin' the Trails

Interest: Scrambling, rock climbing, road biking & landscape photography

I got my copy today at Shelf Life Books in Calgary!! See you Saturday
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 11:58 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru View Post
The disappointing thing here is that the cover model is wearing all grey clothing to climb a grey rock.
yeah, some nice spanky red and yellow climbing gear against that face would have been quite fetching. Glad the book is out.

Now, if only Matt Gunn would finish his revised "Hikes around Invermere" book, the last one being 1998.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page