Lost GPS On Storm Mtn (K-Country) - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2015, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: the Lord Jesus, scrambling, Lego
Default Lost GPS On Storm Mtn (K-Country)

Was up Storm Mtn Tuesday, July 28th early in the morning. Lost my Garmin 60CSx GPS somewhere on the rubble slope between the end of the valley and the beginning of the ridge. It is in a blue neoprene casing. If any of you reading this happen to come across it, please contact me via CT email to arrange my coming to pick it up.

In any event, it had recently snowed so there was a touch of that by the ridge on up to the false summit and the true summit. Unlike as Kane's book suggests, this snow did nothing to increase the danger of the ascent. It's also probably gone by now, too.

Sadly, there were no views to be had from the summit as it was enshrouded in clouds. That's the price you pay when you do a summit very early in the morning after recent snow/rain. Oddly enough, Mist Mountain just to the south had its summit cloudless.

Regards,

Granticulus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 11:05 PM
Scaling New Heights

Interest: scrambling hiking backpacking snowshoeing

I lost a GPS on a scree slope on Pyramid Mountain in Death Valley. A friend hiked there months later and looked for it but never found it. I have since taken to attaching my GPS to a retractable cord that I bought at an office supply store, that kind used for pass key cards. I've dropped my GPS many times since but the cord has kept me from losing it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page