Banff National Park - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Default Banff National Park

I am posting this itinerary for those who consider themselves very fit and wants to do the below hikes in Rockies with us (two girls) for 10 days from July 27 to August 07 this summer. There are two people going so far and we would take one or two more (this is grizzly area so we need to be in a bigger group).

Here is the itinerary:

Leaving Vancouver 27th? all day drive up to Rockies/ Yoho National park

28 morning 8.30 buss to Lake O'hara -- 11km hike to abot pass hut( we will sleep at the hut , therefore it would be backpacking and the hike is scramble)

29 leaving the hut.. hiking down to Lake O hara.. camping for one more night in Lake O'hara park and hiking up to Mt. Shaffer...( 3hours hike)

30th. Hike to Lake Mc Arthur (still Lake O'hara range), taking bus down around 5 pm. Driving to Lake Luise/shower and hotel or hostel ? choice is up to us!

31.July -3. August choosing hikes (The most important things to do is seeing Lake Luise and the 6 Glacier hike and Lake Moraine and the Sentinel pass hike) plus some other hikes from the book we were looking at..
3. August.. moving toward Jasper..
4. August.. Jasper and around and moving toward Mt. Robson Park..
5. August.. Mount Robson hike.. sleeping over.. therefore backpacking!
6. August.. hike down... last night in Rockies..
7. August.. driving early to Vancouver.. home at 4 pm... sleep and next day to Work....if you can manage

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 12:27 AM
Summit Master

Interest: Mountains....

Hey I live in Banff and have a few excellent suggestions for you since you are wanting to cover ground. A few hike combinations that I have been wanting to do in a day out of Lake Louise that would be great to have some company on that adds on to the Plain of Six Glaciers trail which in itself is very easy. I call it the "full meal deal" and includes some of the best views at different angles. Also an add on to the Sentinel pass trail which is also very easy by itself. PM me if interested.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Summit Master

If you are going to backpack to Berg lake, it is a crime not to stay at least one full day. There are some classic day hikes (i.e. Snowbird Pass, 20 km return) that are not to be missed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Headed for the Mountains

@KitKat - would love to get out on this one with you. Going to try and sort something out in regards to time off. Will keep in touch!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Hi, I dont have my schedule yet but if I can work it I would be interested in at least some if not all. The Lake OHara area has been on my to do list for awhile.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: Hiking, Scrambling, Creation vs Evolution

I would highly recommend the Mt Fairview scramble which overlooks Lake Louise. It has the name for a reason.

http://www.truedino.com/fairview.htm
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Quote:
quote:Hey I live in Banff and have a few excellent suggestions for you since you are wanting to cover ground. A few hike combinations that I have been wanting to do in a day out of Lake Louise that would be great to have some company on that adds on to the Plain of Six Glaciers trail which in itself is very easy. I call it the "full meal deal" and includes some of the best views at different angles. Also an add on to the Sentinel pass trail which is also very easy by itself. PM me if interested.
Hi Kevin,

thanks for the post. From what you are writing it seems you are interested in some parts of the trip - Lake Luise, Plain of Six Glaciers and Sentinel pass and going further beyond which is great! Are you also interested in Abbot Pass at Lake O'Hara (two days)?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Quote:
quote:@KitKat - would love to get out on this one with you. Going to try and sort something out in regards to time off. Will keep in touch!
Quote:
quote:Hi, I dont have my schedule yet but if I can work it I would be interested in at least some if not all. The Lake OHara area has been on my to do list for awhile.
Hi Spring and KootneyKid,

We will book 3 spots and the rest of it will have to be booked later (if it's still available) based on who can come later.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 12:20 AM
Hittin' the Trails

Hi KitKat, I've just recently moved to the Rockies (Canmore) from Vancouver and I'm wondering if I know you! Do you belong to any of Vancouver hiking groups? I love your itinerary, lake O'Hara's been on my list for a while, so I'm wondering if I could join you guys for the entire 10 days (except for the drive from Vancouver:-)). Let me know if it's not too late. ~Elena
http://www.meetup.com/Vancouver-Outd...mbers/3231021/
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lyutenko1

Hi KitKat, I've just recently moved to the Rockies (Canmore) from Vancouver and I'm wondering if I know you! Do you belong to any of Vancouver hiking groups? I love your itinerary, lake O'Hara's been on my list for a while, so I'm wondering if I could join you guys for the entire 10 days (except for the drive from Vancouver:-)). Let me know if it's not too late. ~Elena
http://www.meetup.com/Vancouver-Outd...mbers/3231021/
Hi Lyutenko1,

yes, you can join us. I can give you information how we (2 girls so far) went about booking the Abbot Pass Hut and Mt. Robson camp sites. It will cost you approx. $ 80 for both reservations (including tax)and you will have to book it through Alpine Canada. PM me and I will give you more info....

post #11 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Hi for those who are interested in Banff N. Park (10 days),

We will need two more people to join us so if anybody is interested 100% to let us know a.s.a.p. so it's well planned ahead of time plus to book the reservation (for those who want to stay in Abbot Pass Hut and Mt. Robson)

This is you last chance! Let me know

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page