I am posting this itinerary for those who consider themselves very fit and wants to do the below hikes in Rockies with us (two girls) for 10 days from July 27 to August 07 this summer. There are two people going so far and we would take one or two more (this is grizzly area so we need to be in a bigger group).
Here is the itinerary:
Leaving Vancouver 27th? all day drive up to Rockies/ Yoho National park
28 morning 8.30 buss to Lake O'hara -- 11km hike to abot pass hut( we will sleep at the hut , therefore it would be backpacking and the hike is scramble)
29 leaving the hut.. hiking down to Lake O hara.. camping for one more night in Lake O'hara park and hiking up to Mt. Shaffer...( 3hours hike)
30th. Hike to Lake Mc Arthur (still Lake O'hara range), taking bus down around 5 pm. Driving to Lake Luise/shower and hotel or hostel ? choice is up to us!
31.July -3. August choosing hikes (The most important things to do is seeing Lake Luise and the 6 Glacier hike and Lake Moraine and the Sentinel pass hike) plus some other hikes from the book we were looking at..
3. August.. moving toward Jasper..
4. August.. Jasper and around and moving toward Mt. Robson Park..
5. August.. Mount Robson hike.. sleeping over.. therefore backpacking!
6. August.. hike down... last night in Rockies..
7. August.. driving early to Vancouver.. home at 4 pm... sleep and next day to Work....if you can manage