Golden Hinde East Approach (Marblerock Meadows) Conditions? - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2018, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Question Golden Hinde East Approach (Marblerock Meadows) Conditions?

My wife and I have planned for a 5-6 day trip in two weeks to do the Golden Hinde via the east, Marblerock Meadows approach and exit via Phillips Ridge. My father-in-law will be shuttling us across Buttle Lake via canoe.

We're down in California so we don't have the most up-to-date beta on the conditions out there although the official Stratcona trail conditions pdf is helpful.

My biggest unknown is obviously the ridge line between Marblerock Meadows and Mt Judy and the drop down from Mt Judy to Schjelderup. Does anyone have any experience with this approach so early in the season?

If we can't get anymore info I think we may just do the standard Phillips Ridge route unless anyone has any other suggestions. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 12:49 PM
Headed for the Mountains

While I don't know the route, I just want to mention that the trails by Mt Washington still has a fair amount of snow around 1200m elevation, and other trails more inland in Strathcona Park have snow lower down. The snow that I've seen so far is easy enough to walk on but makes navigation a little harder if you're expecting trails to follow, and definitely expect more snow on the ascent.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page