Margaret Creek information shelter?? - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Photography, Nature Observation, Health & Fitness, Nutrition, Shinrin-yoku
Default Margaret Creek information shelter??

Anyone heard of the Margaret Creek information shelter along the Westmin Mine Road?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 09:29 PM
qiz
Headed for the Mountains

Hi solo75, Margaret Creek flows out of Margaret Lake(near Green Lake) into Drinkwater Creek http://apps.gov.bc.ca/pub/bcgnws/names/27188.html ( so , nowhere near Westmin Rd ) - must be thinking of Buttle Hut? which is the only info hut on Westmin Rd.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Photography, Nature Observation, Health & Fitness, Nutrition, Shinrin-yoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by qiz View Post
Hi solo75, Margaret Creek flows out of Margaret Lake(near Green Lake) into Drinkwater Creek http://apps.gov.bc.ca/pub/bcgnws/names/27188.html ( so , nowhere near Westmin Rd ) - must be thinking of Buttle Hut? which is the only info hut on Westmin Rd.
The reason I was asking was BC Parks posted this on their website for Strathcona Park "Vehicles were broken into at the Bedwell Lakes trailhead parking lot and along the Westmin Mine Road at the Margaret Creek information shelter. Visitors are reminded not to leave valuables in unattended vehicles."
I may contact them about this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 10:37 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: general mountaineering/ hiking/ backpacking/ skiing/ kayaking

Could be they're talking about the Price Creek info shelter.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 10:45 AM
qiz
Headed for the Mountains

Price Creek has an info shelter?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 11:02 AM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: Mountain biking, volleyball, travel, squash, trap shooting, working out, gardening, ice hockey

I am just back from Bedwell Lakes, and there were 3 cars in the parking lot that had their windows smashed and the cars were rifled through. Everything stolen. The worst part is that if you leave nothing, they will still smash the window to search it. One victim said he should have left a note int eh window saying nothing car and doors unlocked.
It was really sad to tell one couple their car had been broken into and then learn their car was a rental and they did not buy insurance.
From what we could figure, the crimes were committed either Saturday afternoon or Sunday, as we arrived at trailhead Monday am. The weekends seem to be the worst time. Sad times up there.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 02:36 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: general mountaineering/ hiking/ backpacking/ skiing/ kayaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by qiz View Post
Price Creek has an info shelter?
When the Price Creek trail to Cream Lk and Flower Ridge/ Septimus divide, was maintained, it had a roof covered info board at the parking lot. That's what I meant by "shelter".
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoria-born View Post
I am just back from Bedwell Lakes, and there were 3 cars in the parking lot that had their windows smashed and the cars were rifled through. Everything stolen. The worst part is that if you leave nothing, they will still smash the window to search it.
I hope this doesn't become a trend. I've been hiking here for 5 years and never heard of break-ins until now. At least I have a choice of hiking during the weekdays but that's still little comfort.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2015, 05:53 PM
qiz
Headed for the Mountains

Wow yes that's crazy, breaks-ins have been unheard of there. Twenty years ago we came out to the Bedwell trailhead after several days of hiking to find a car there smashed by a fallen tree - and a Park Ranger (rare as Sasquatch now) waiting there in order to meet whoever turned out to be the car owner & to give them a lift out. Times change!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page