WCT Planning - Port Renfrew - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2015, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Default WCT Planning - Port Renfrew

We are parking the car at Pachena Bay and taking the WCT Bus to Port Renfrew. We will spend the night in town before we start our hike the next day. Is there any transportation that we can call from the town of Port Renfrew to take us to the Gordon River Trailhead/Ferry/Office?

The distance isn't far, but I prefer not to hike unless I have to. I want fresh legs for the first day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2015, 12:04 AM
Headed for the Mountains

Where are you planning on staying in Port Renfrew?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2015, 12:02 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Great camping on that big long beach across the estuary. Close by, and a chance for one last dress rehearsal before you commit. My understanding is that camping there is pretty accepted and uncontrolled as long as you are semi-quiet and sorta-clean.

If indoor plumbing on your last night is required (I'm married and plan to remain so, so I understand that sometimes it is...), I suspect they would be happy to drop you off for a reasonable extra charge. There used to be a taxi in Port Renfrew, but a quick search doesn't show anything now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2015, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Haven't made the reservations, but probably the West Coast Motel or whatever is available. Prefer to have the use of my own bathroom before the start of the hike. Just wanted to know how people got to the trailhead/office besides hiking.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

I'm probably staying at the motel or whatever is available in town. I prefer some indoor plumbing before I start the WCT. I think I recall seeing a picture that someone posted of a telephone number you could call for pickup. Not sure if this service was available still. Does anyone know?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 05:33 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Backpacking, trail running, spending time with my wife, kids, and dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliemo66 View Post
We are parking the car at Pachena Bay and taking the WCT Bus to Port Renfrew. We will spend the night in town before we start our hike the next day. Is there any transportation that we can call from the town of Port Renfrew to take us to the Gordon River Trailhead/Ferry/Office?

The distance isn't far, but I prefer not to hike unless I have to. I want fresh legs for the first day
Call Evann @ 250 647 0071. He will give you a ride (he has two parking lots that he operates in the area).

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page