Snow Reports? - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2015, 04:10 AM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Interest: Hiking, Fishing, Camping, Running
Default Snow Reports?

Hello everyone,

My first post on here. I'm looking to begin my summer hikes with an easy 1 or 2 nighter to summit Mt Albert Edward or head out to the Bedwell and Cream Lake area to test out some new gear. I know the snow pack is already very low this year, and the temperatures have been fairly warm. Does anyone have snow reports or conditions around these areas? Any information is appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 03:37 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Nobody? I'm headed to the Bedwell Lake area on Victoria Day weekend. Will report back with an update.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Thank you,

May or may not head out there sooner than that, but again, any information is appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 09:58 PM
Headed for the Mountains

I was on Mt Becher last Sunday, and while it was packed snow not requiring snow shoes, there was still a 3ft+ snow cap on it. Mt Albert Edward is a fair bit higher, and further inland, and looked to have a pretty solid snowcap on it still, extending to the steep parts coming up from Circlet Lake (based off a cell phone picture I took). Circlet Lake tends to have late snow in general. From the ice on puddles, the nights up there are pretty cold right now.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Thanks for the update. Maybe I will look at shorter day/1 nighters on the ERT or Mt Becher this next week; both have lower elevation. Haven't been to either and they are on the list.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2015, 01:27 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Mt Becher has a campsite above Boston Lake, about 30-40 minutes from the top, and it was completely clear of snow. No facilities, but a nice clear level area for tents.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 07:21 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Photography, Nature Observation, Health & Fitness, Nutrition, Shinrin-yoku

I just hiked the Flower Ridge Trail today and there is no snow around the 3,300 ft level which is at the open lower ridge. About this time last year, there was around 2 feet of snow. Some of the smaller tarns have already dried up. Looks like a very dry year so far.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2015, 05:18 PM
Hittin' the Trails

I'll be in elk river this weekend. Any idea about that Area? I'm only going as far as Landslide Lake.

B.C Wildlife Federation Member
B.C Wildlife Federation Wilderness Watch Volunteer
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2015, 06:21 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Photography, Nature Observation, Health & Fitness, Nutrition, Shinrin-yoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
I'll be in elk river this weekend. Any idea about that Area? I'm only going as far as Landslide Lake.
I've only been to the first campsite at Butterwort Cr and a little ways beyond (which is about half way). Trail is in good shape with some minor creek crossing.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2015, 09:30 AM
qiz
Headed for the Mountains

This info may be too late for the OP - but Mt Becher is free of snow all the way up. For Bedwell area conditions from last weekend, check the trip report on the CDMC website www.comoxhiking.com The CDMC website also has an earlier trip report on the Elk River trail.
(ETA: the Elk River trail report has disappeared from the CDMC website - IIRC it was from a few weeks ago, there was one wet stream crossing , then snow around Landslide Lake.)
Also, last weekend hikers reported losing the trail to Albert Edward due to snow between Kwai & Circlet (not to say it can't be done, but you need route-finding skills)

Last edited by qiz; 05-21-2015 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Update

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page