Images of Thailand - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Default Images of Thailand

I spent 16 days in Thailand at turn of 2019/20, after trekking whole December Annapurna Range in Nepal. First week was well deserved rest in Krabi - resort town at Andaman Sea. More scenic and nowhere as popular as better known Phuket; it allowed me to fully enjoy ‘beach holiday’. Highlight was overnight visit to Phi-Phi Island Archipelago. Half-day boat cruise was awesome and included visit to famous Maya Bay.

After Krabi I flew to Bangkok and spent couple of days exploring the City and its many Buddhist Temples. Wat Arun was definitely the highlight. I’d like to return to Bangkok at some point as there is so much to see and experience there.

From Bangkok I took overnight train to Chiang Mai in north Thailand and it was pretty much “save the best for last”. Night Market, Buddhist Temples and even Ladyboy Cabaret -- highly recommended! Final bit, before crossing to Laos, was visit to spectacular “White Temple”. Even hordes of tourists could not spoil the moment and I consider it a must for Thailand visit.

Here are some images:

Click image for larger version

Name:	krabiart2.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	447.9 KB
ID:	276254
[Thai Art Biennale 2018 at Krabi Ao Nang Beach showing silhouette of old woman at the end of dark tunnel against Andaman Sea Sunset. The story is that she got old from long wait to her beloved who was a sailor. This was really an amazing place, and favorite sunset spot for entire week I was there. If you are interested, this is an interesting article on this art piece]

Name:	phiphiviewpointpano1.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	395.8 KB
ID:	276256
[Panoramic View of Phi Phi Islands, a Tropical Paradise in Andaman Sea. From photography point, come here either early in the morning or in the evening -- it is too hot during the day. My pic is mid-morning; sunset would be better, but I had ship to catch back to Krabi]

Name:	watarun1.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	667.1 KB
ID:	276250
[Dramatic Sunset Sky over Wat Arun Temple or Temple of Dawn Reflected in Chao Phraya River in Bangkok. This spot is quite famous, but you absolutely need a tripod. I left mine in hotel & tried to get by leaning camera on railing, but it is not ideal]

Name:	watphonight1.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	652.0 KB
ID:	276244
[Spires of Wat Pho or Wat Phra Chetuphon Buddhist Temple Complex, also known a Temple of the Reclining Buddha, in Bangkok by Night. This is very busy place during the day, so I gave it a pass. It closes at 6, but as I was coming back ~6:30pm it was still open! King's sister was coming for a visit. I asked if they'd let me go in take quick couple of photos and they did -- I was running around like crazy chicken for half an hour before they ultimately kicked me out]

Name:	bkkgoldtemplebuddha.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	723.1 KB
ID:	276248
[Buddha Statue in underground cavern of Wat Saket or Phu Khao Thong (“Golden Mountain”) Buddhist Temple in Bangkok. Long exposure shot, reminds me of Indiana Jones 3rd movie (filmed in Petra, Jordan)]

Name:	chiangmaicabaret1.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	674.9 KB
ID:	276246
[Drag Queens dressed in Costumes performing at stage of World Famous Chiang Mai Cabaret. This was a riot and if you are in Chiang Mai I fully recommend a visit. There are 2 shows every night, takes about an hour. Cost was 15 USD, and you get free beer with that]

Name:	watrongkhunwhitetemple1.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	699.0 KB
ID:	276242
[White Temple Exterior and Natural Park in Famous Wat Rong Khun Buddhist Complex near Chiang Mai. One of most photographed spots in Thailand. It was mid-day and not best of light, but shot still turned out nice. If you are here, walk a bit through the garden to the lagoon; there is awesome Golden Temple with far less people]

Name:	thaichildbuddha.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	616.6 KB
ID:	276252
[Smiling Child Buddha Statue in Chiang Mai Buddhist Temple. Buddhas are everywhere in Asia, and after awhile you reach saturation but at this point it was still interesting. This one is quite cute too]

If you'd like to see more, I have full gallery on personal website here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

Wow Zeljkok; so spectacular and beautiful. Thank you very much for sharing, wonderful to see these posted and visible and direct in clubtread. And with the option to see more outside.

This is perfect !

K

Hiking is what keeps you young of mind and heart. When the going gets tough, the tough get going..............

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page