Panorama Photography - Page 2 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Interest: Hiking, camping, photography, reading

I decided to give my new phone's panorama setting a go. Turned out near 12000 pixels wide and 47mb. Photobucket was not a fan of this so I ended up with something just over half the size. I guess the next step is to look for some sort of proper hosting too.

This is Inglis Falls, just south of Owen Sound, along the Bruce Trail.

I'm fairly happy with the results, having put forth absolutely no effort on my end (apart from pivoting in place). Open to feedback
61146 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 08:45 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Photography, Nature Observation, Health & Fitness, Nutrition, Shinrin-yoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSDM View Post
I'm fairly happy with the results, having put forth absolutely no effort on my end (apart from pivoting in place). Open to feedback
The panorama looks great. I'm not familiar with taking photos with a cell phone but if there is a way to adjust the exposure compensation to prevent blown highlights then the rainbow and clouds would have been more visible.
VSDM likes this.
post #18 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 09:41 PM
Summit Master

echo solo75. This is actually great capture in terms of several different things in the frame (waterfall, bit of trail, rainbow, Forest) just overexposed. In general once pixels are washed out, information is gone - while shadows can (sometimes, not always) be recovered.
VSDM and 61146 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Interest: Hiking, camping, photography, reading

It would seem there are no settings for exposure while in the Panorama mode. It looks like it auto's in for the first panel and carries those settings throughout. I'll have to keep that in mind and choose a brighter area to begin shooting.

The one from the top turned out better, in terms of exposure. I was in full light rather than tucked in to the trees.

Thanks for your input
post #20 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 09:58 AM
Hittin' the Trails

Interest: Backcountry camping, hiking, photography, painting, birding, canoeing, snowshoeing etc..

Been using Microsoft Image Composite Editor (not the most original name!) for years and have found it to be one of the best free programs available.
It does a great job at rendering and correcting edges..give it a shot!
post #21 of (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 06:12 PM
Scaling New Heights

Interest: Photography and the great outdoors!

Over the past 15 years I have used most, if not all of the panoramic stitching applications available on the market. I prefer Autopano Giga but most app's can provide a good result if you take the time to expose your images correctly beforehand (MF, WB, set ISO, set exp. etc...)

Here is one I did back in 2007 of Lillooet, just three images shot from a helicopter as we were approaching our landing area.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page