ClubTread Community

ClubTread Community (https://forums.clubtread.com/)
-   Photography Talk (https://forums.clubtread.com/29-photography-talk/)
-   -   Aerial photo and vid (https://forums.clubtread.com/29-photography-talk/67834-aerial-photo-vid.html)

Aqua Terra 01-30-2016 03:02 AM

Aerial photo and vid

Bit of a niche, but surely some are getting some airtime on various platforms, be it mini toy quads or helicopters, planes and up to pro level drones..
Post your pics/vids here.
I got some real rough footage and crashes, so don't be shy:)

kellymcdonald78 01-30-2016 09:31 AM

A heads up, that drone use in the national and provincial parks are prohibited without a permit. While I saw an incredible video of Assinaboine, I personally don't want their noise pollution in the parks

Aqua Terra 01-30-2016 12:39 PM

True, there are many regs in place, and many more to come, and yes they can be quite noisy.

Allthebestnamesweretaken 01-30-2016 02:10 PM

This guy has some great footage showing the back side of Robie.

Scott

Big Ian 01-30-2016 02:29 PM

Good slingshot practice....

lowclimber 01-30-2016 10:33 PM

tons of land that is not within any provincial boundaries!

but wow, that robie reed footage! that's over 5km distance one way. what a way to get beta before going in.

Aqua Terra 01-30-2016 11:27 PM

Requesting to lock and delete this thread, was hoping to have some more productive discussion, rather than throwing the rulebook and guidelines around...

MikeW 01-31-2016 05:12 AM

I came across this local youtube channel a few weeks back he uses a drone and a helicopter.

alexcanuck 01-31-2016 01:23 PM

I like the thread, but yes: No finger-waggling here, start a new thread if you like.
Lock and delete if it goes that way!

Aqua Terra 01-31-2016 01:33 PM

Thanks for deleting the unnecessary links to airspace guidelines. Its no place for it. Aerial filming platforms have a mostly negative view with the general public, but I'd like to see some more creative and positive ways posted here. They have lots of very useful uses, like search and rescue, Wildlife protection, etc.

As for Outdoor recreation, they can add superb new angles to our passion of backcountry and imagery.

Dru 01-31-2016 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aqua Terra (Post 696258)
Requesting to lock and delete this thread, was hoping to have some more productive discussion, rather than throwing the rulebook and guidelines around...

It seems like the thread does not require deletion at this time but I will act if it goes south from here on out...

Aqua Terra 02-11-2016 02:40 AM

surprised that none here have any offerings, I have some limited footage, and am sure others do too, but the general public has been sort of miseducated and many have some sort of dislike for flying cams, which is too bad, but understandable. This also makes less people even consider admitting or offering. In my general vids, I will add some footage of toy grade quads and perhaps some decent drone footage. Getting slammed by armchair 1/4 backs wont bother me at all.

Steventy 02-11-2016 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aqua Terra (Post 697626)
surprised that none here have any offerings, I have some limited footage, and am sure others do too, but the general public has been sort of miseducated and many have some sort of dislike for flying cams, which is too bad, but understandable. This also makes less people even consider admitting or offering. In my general vids, I will add some footage of toy grade quads and perhaps some decent drone footage. Getting slammed by armchair 1/4 backs wont bother me at all.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of your videos. I think the drones are a fantastic platform for getting unique shots. I don't have one of my own yet but it's on my wishlist.

This guy has posted a few but I'm also surprised that there haven't been more in the past year.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWp...Ar_m_qC6m7M5Dw

There are a lot of people who don't understand the rules and they may ruin it for everyone else. Many of the videos taken in or around Vancouver are too close to the airport or downtown seaplane port for example. They are already banned in National Parks and if people don't use common sense, I won't be surprised if they start getting banned in other locations. All user groups (hikers, snowmobilers, drone users, etc.) need to self-regulate or they risk a much heavier form of regulation from the government. Obviously it's a fine-line between constructive discussion and armchair quarterbacking.

vern.dewit 02-16-2016 03:52 PM

I had a whole system lined up from the UK but they went bankrupt. Thankfully I got my money back (PayPal actually worked for once) but I lost interest since I figured "everyone would be doing it". I'm also surprised there isn't more footage out there, but I think part of the reason is the investment and the PITA of lugging the gear around the back country.

Dru 02-16-2016 04:02 PM

Based on what I have seen in climbing and outdoor movies the last two years, some drone shots are already a cliche.