Panasonic GM1 - a tiny gem of a camera. - Page 2 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 09:19 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Photography, Nature Observation, Health & Fitness, Nutrition, Shinrin-yoku

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by vern.dewit

I got some more small primes / zooms lately for use on the GM1 so I thought I'd share some pics for those who may be wondering about size etc.
I'm amazed the body only weighs about 270 g. It appears that the GM1 has the advantage of taking various brands of camera lenses. Primes are ideally better quality than zooms. I still got my old pentax primes (1978?)and am thinking of buying an adapter to use with my D800. Those primes never have lens flare issues like most zooms. I hope you enjoy your camera.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 09:43 PM
Summit Master

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by vern.dewit

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Aqua Terra

I got their Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 2 years ago for 299$ blow out special. It does OK. I asume this new smaller body and better features is worth it. I only have (2) 4/3 lenses, but would like to stick with this format.
Thanks for posting and please update
Oh yeah - this camera will do much faster AF, much better high ISO (which allows better low light shooting for sunrise / sunset etc) and much, MUCH better video. The only 'issue' will be the lack of a viewfinder, which too be honest doesn't affect much anymore. I used the GM1 on a recent set of downhill ski trips in bright weather and it worked just fine. http://verndewit.com/p558287329 for samples.
My first gen G1 does not have vid capability, the one after did, so far I shoot all vid with a dedicated Canon vid cam, and 3 years prior it was various Mini DV vid cams.
This review is pretty cool, keeping an eye on it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page