Chest camera harness - Page 2 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Quote:
quote:One of the best hiking/photography gear I own is the Peak Design clip, which lets you attach a mounting point for the camera on most straps (and belts).
I agree, I use mine with my Canon DSLR, well worth the money I spent on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 04:06 PM
Hittin' the Trails

I'd like to add my vote for the Cotten Carrier. I bought one at Kerrisdale Cameras in Langley and have never had a better system. I'm using it to carry a Nikon D600 and whatever manual focus lens appeals to me. I do nordic walking using poles so I wasn't sure if it would be ok but its great!
Jeff
post #18 of (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Kerrisdale Cameras in LANGLEY ???

Whoot... Thank you muchly Rabid !!! I was waiting till I could get to the smoke to pick one up... Now I can order one there, and have my Boss pick it up !!!

Cheers...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 07:20 PM
Headed for the Mountains

i own this one. light and cheap, but a bit hard to put on.

http://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Toploa.../dp/B0029ZA49Q
post #20 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 10:20 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Arnold

One of the best hiking/photography gear I own is the Peak Design clip, which lets you attach a mounting point for the camera on most straps (and belts).

https://peakdesignltd.com/store/?c=clips

I use it with a 5DM3 and Canon 24-70 2.8 L on my chest strap and I wonder how I ever lived without it. No more neck pain, no more putting the camera away in the bag, and it also counterbalances nicely your backpack. The quick release that attaches to your camera also works with your tripod, which is just awesome. If you want to use it with a 70-200 on your chest, then it might be uncomfortable due to the hood lens hitting you in the crotch while you hike, but you can experiment with it, and try maybe attaching it to the belt.

Oh man, that is awesome. Thanks for posting that. It's exactly what I am looking for! I bring my DSLR on every hike I go on and nothing is worse than having to constantly take it out of my pack and put it back in...plus it takes up valuable space for those multi-day treks.
post #21 of (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Summit Master

The Cotten Carrier @ Kerrisdale Cameras is priced at $200 including tax. I priced it out today as I was in there for some other stuff. It is a cool rig but the price seems high to me. With something strapped to your back & front I can see sweating like a pig on a hot day.
I just lengthen my strap and clip it to my hip. It fits right in that hollow just above my hip bone. Seems to work for me !!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page