ClubTread Community

ClubTread Community (https://forums.clubtread.com/)
-   Photography Talk (https://forums.clubtread.com/29-photography-talk/)
-   -   Canadian Landscape Photos (https://forums.clubtread.com/29-photography-talk/3984-canadian-landscape-photos.html)

grizzlypaw 01-06-2004 05:26 PM

Canadian Landscape Photos

We have a great selection of limited and open edition fine art photographs of the Canadian Rockies for sale on our website along with a beautiful range of greetings cards depicting a range of our favourite views.

Check out the site - we have a discount of 25% on orders of cdn$150.00 or more for the whole of January.

Even if you don't buy, stop by and say hi!

www.grizzlypaw.com

----------------------------------------
Grizzlypaw

[email protected]
www.grizzlypaw.com

Pathfinder 01-06-2004 06:23 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm Why do I feel I've just been given a sales pitch :([V]

exscape 01-06-2004 06:30 PM

Sheesh! coming out of the woodwork this week aren't they???[xx(]
Hey grizz wehave a great selection of fine art photographs ourselves, perhaps you would like to purchase.....???????;) We don't discount though... we need all the money we can get to keep us in gear....[:p]

Jimbo 01-06-2004 06:42 PM

Yes indeed!
In fact, check out our photo of the month - which can be yours for $$$[insert photographer's price here]

Who's yer Gnome!! ;)

seawallrunner 01-06-2004 06:49 PM

I think the download-to-computer price for a picture on that web site was in the order of $90 [:0]

I "stopped by to say hi" and said buh-bye real fast ;)[}:)][B)]

trailflower 01-06-2004 07:05 PM

The quality of work on CT is outstanding. Doesn't anyone worry about their pics being used by other sources? I know of people in my gardening forums who have used their pics used online and in publications without compensation or authorization. Many now post pics with their name or copyright over top of the pic, and another friend never posts a pic to his site unless it has his copyright mark on it.

What a shame.

Hiker Boy 01-06-2004 07:07 PM

I know Marmot and Otter worry about their photos becoming stock.

....."Know the Truth and the Truth shall set you free."

LongShadow 01-06-2004 07:08 PM

Hey Griz - you want my mailing address so you can send me an advertising check?

trailflower- I don't usually worry about it myself. I've had alot of people ask me for copies of different photos. I can only imagine how many don't.

trigger 01-06-2004 07:15 PM

I don't worry about people using my photos.
The photos will never compare to being there and seeing it firsthand!!;)

"Anything is Possible"

grizzlypaw 01-06-2004 07:20 PM

Apologies if that seemed more like an ad than anything else!!!

Of course it was but at the same time and more than an ad I wanted to share my love and appreciation of the wonderful part of the world I live in through the images I shoot here in Alberta. I thought like minded people might like to see them - it costs nothing to look.

Hope I haven't offended too many folks. [:I]

Holding my head down in shame now.

Grizzlypaw

[email protected]
www.grizzlypaw.com

Shadee 01-06-2004 07:22 PM

You'll find most of us here dont need to buy other ppls photos, or steal them for that matter--cos we get out there hiking/snowshoeing/skiing (you name it, its outdoors) and take our own!!

We're classy enough to share-but not tacky enough to take advantage of and try and sell on a site like this.

take your advertising somewhere else..... buh bye

Hodgeman 01-06-2004 07:23 PM

Quote:

quote:Doesn't anyone worry about their pics being used by other sources?
At least if you're posting relatively small images at screen resolution, the uses for pirated copies would be limited. It's not like someone would be able to make a decent print from them.

Still, it would be rather annoying to see one of your shots appear on someone else's web site. I guess if you're going to put it on the web, you just have to be somewhat willing to accept that it's out there for whoever wants to grab it

^^ Go Vertical !! ^^

Jimbo 01-06-2004 07:50 PM

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by grizzlypaw

Apologies if that seemed more like an ad than anything else!!!

Hope I haven't offended too many folks. [:I]

Holding my head down in shame now.
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Nothing like a sales pitch to liven things up a bit on CT!!!

Besides - if you hang around CT long enough, you're apt to be the target of something. Some people just get it earlier than others ;)

Who's yer Gnome!! ;)

MJDJ 01-06-2004 07:54 PM

HOLY COW!!!!

$90 for an 8 x 12 of a GROUSE?????

Pardon me but.........Hahahahahahahahaha!

Begone foul spam!

MecKid 01-07-2004 10:06 AM

One solution to ensuring that your photos don't end up as stock material is to put a copyright image on them. Although the copyright can easily be removed with the digital editing techniques around today, at least you'll have a bit more of a leg to stand on should you ever decide to follow up with legal proceedings.

Just my $0.02