macpro photos how to upload - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Headed for the Mountains

Default macpro photos how to upload

Hello

I am not tech savy and too lazy to read any manuals...so i thought macpro iphotos would be easy to load into a trip report for clubtread...... so far my computer just seems to crash everytime i try to do this.

Are there any macpro users out there....please advise me how to get my photos that are in iphotos uploaded so i can show them on ct forum. I try to use the upload icon when i was posting a new topic but it does not work...just crashes when i put that iphotos as the file i want to upload.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 09:22 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: hiking, exploring, reading, random shiny things

I'm not a fan of iPhoto. Firstly, it doesn't recognize jpeg's that have been touched by Adobe products. Secondly, not useful if you have more than about 100 photos.

Since iPhoto essentially works like a database, maybe trying to upload directly from the application is what's causing the problem. As for a solution, have you tried saving the photos into a separate folder, then uploading from there?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by coccobean

Hello

I am not tech savy and too lazy to read any manuals...so i thought macpro iphotos would be easy to load into a trip report for clubtread...... so far my computer just seems to crash everytime i try to do this.

Are there any macpro users out there....please advise me how to get my photos that are in iphotos uploaded so i can show them on ct forum. I try to use the upload icon when i was posting a new topic but it does not work...just crashes when i put that iphotos as the file i want to upload.
I found that moving photos to another folder is not easy. I used ct photo uploader when posting a new post. (it is the 10 th option on the top of the page ( the first being ablity to make things bold) ....i do not even know what that did ...I hope not all my photos are somehow downloaded on to ct (i wanted to select what i was going to post).... I hate trying to use this mac for photos...i thought it was suppose to be easier than using windows for things like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 10:23 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: mtn biking, surfing, bmx, skimboarding, rock climbing, skateboarding, snowboarding and of course hiking.

Check your file format of your photo's.

If you're importing them from the camera as jpegs they should be fine. But, if your camera shoots raw files such as .tiff .cr2 .nef they may be importing as those file types, and those probably won't upload.

I don't know if you're trying to upload through iphoto or not, but just find the photo's in the folder iphoto saves them in and upload them from there. If you click on the finder (the 2 faced happy icon) there should be a folder called pictures and I think iphoto saves them all in there.

It also could be you don't have the proper java plugin to use that uploader. You could use the one just to the left of it that says "upload an image" You have to select them one at a time though. Yes that could be it, it doesn't work on my mac either.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 10:48 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: mtn biking, surfing, bmx, skimboarding, rock climbing, skateboarding, snowboarding and of course hiking.

Yeah it is the uploader, it doesn't work with macs. I tried updating my software but it still crashes like you said it did. You'll have to use the other uploader.

you could try updating your software. The uploader worked a little better after i did but it still didn't completely work. Maybe it will work for your computer?

http://support.apple.com/downloads/J..._10_6_Update_1
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Headed for the Mountains

thanks

I think i will have to do one image at a time.

Trouble also is that all my images are listed just with a name and i can not see the corresponding imagae that i am uploading. I upload the file and then can use preview to see what it looks like....this is a pain in the neck. ALso some of the images it says that it is not in jpeg format when it clearly is...so it does not even allow it to upload. [|)]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 11:17 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Cycling, kayaking, photography, running, guitar,

I've scripted Photoshop to reduce all my photo files to 1.5 mb and write them to a separate folder but I still have to upload the photos from that folder one at a time.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 07:38 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: hiking, exploring, reading, random shiny things

I don't have my Mac with me at work, but I'll try to explain what I do from memory.

If you don't want iPhoto involved, you need to change the preferences so that it doesn't automatically grab your photos and put them in its database. That way, when you insert your SD card or otherwise import photos to your Mac, you'll be able to choose where to save them. As I mentioned, I save them into my own folders.

I find Adobe Bridge much better for sorting and organizing my pictures (manually....which goes against the purpose of iPhoto, but I like the control). Bridge could be a whole separate topic, but the point is, if your photos are in your Finder directory (not in the iPhoto database), you'll be able to do whatever you want with them, and the upload feature will work.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 08:43 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Backpacking, trail running, spending time with my wife, kids, and dog.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Headed for the Mountains

Thanks for the suggestions. I think my photos together may be using too much memory so i will download one at time...I have about 6 photos only though.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page