P & S Camera advise - Page 2 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 08:24 AM
Off the Beaten Path

Many useful pointers already. I'll only add that, if you were leaning towards the LX3 side of things, the Canon S90 (already recommended by mrultralite) is now the camera to get for that feature set.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2010, 08:43 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: Anything Alpine related, running, computers, fly fishing, chatting.

My Dad sold his brand new LX3 3 months ago. I don't know why people buy it because the colours and picture quality is seriously inferior to an entry level SLR camera, especially for portrait photography. The human skin looks extremely unnatural with the LX3, it makes people look like zombies. A first generation Canon Rebel is even vastly superior to a LX3. The only thing that makes the LX3 stand apart from the G series of Powershots from Canon is the HD video of the LX3.
post #18 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

Interest: hiking, backpacking, scrambling, climbing

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Baddoc48

Olympus 6000 or 8000 - Both are shock, water, temp resistant. Looking at these because of a new interest in kayaking. $250 , $350 Best Buy USA (8000 has 12x rather than 10x)

A bit more than your stated range but if you are bouncing off rocks under cold water - this might be the last camera you'll ever need . . .

- G
These are the olympus stylus tough?
They looked pretty cool to me, but every review I've seen online is really disappointed with the picture quality. I know a few people who have cameras of the stylus series with which they are happy, and find no troubles. Have not yet tried myself, but I too have been looking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 09:11 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: Most things outdoors. And of course soccer. GO Arsenal!

I've had a G10 for about a year now. As far a P & S goes I love it! I like that it is easy to stick in a camera bag on my waist belt. Not as bulky as a SLR. Although I find I can take superior shots with my SLR. I like the G10 for its Image size. Easy to crop a pic later. Haven't had a chance to compare it to A G11 as of yet, so it would be interesting to see peoples thought s on this

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page