Secret Evil Compound, Quarry Rd, Pitt Lake Hike - Page 3 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2005, 03:53 PM

Does anyone have Nasa World Wind, maybe you could retrieve a good picture from that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2005, 08:54 PM
Summit Master

Interest: I enjoy hiking

World Wind north of the 49th (at least around here) shows Landsat7 images which aren't as detailed as the aerial photos that 1of3 posted.
post #33 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2005, 09:12 PM

We could get every possible abled body person and attack on all fronts...

....small chance of succsess, high chance of death...i'm in-Lord of the Rings...I think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2005, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: Adventure, mountain biking, paddling, trekking, hiking, history, bushwhacking, off-trail hiking...

I can't tell you where I got this photo. But it clearly shows the Secret Evil Compound and the Secret Evil Headquarters.

post #35 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2005, 10:16 PM
Summit Master

By the looks of the property lines on my maps, it should be possible to build a trail around the private property. The trail would be 2-3km long, and have to climb 1000 feet up the mountainside. That's if the lines are still where they are on the map.

----------------------------------------
Meet you at DYE-II?
post #36 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 11:25 AM

I say we stand up for our freedom and charge the gates. Just like William Wallace, "THEY CAN TAKE OUR LAND, BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM". Who's coming with me.
post #37 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 11:49 AM
Summit Master

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by gchicalo

I can't tell you where I got this photo. But it clearly shows the Secret Evil Compound and the Secret Evil Headquarters.

You made a typo on it - that's not grass, it's the minefield.
post #38 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 11:57 AM
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, flyfishing, camping, photography, kayaking, swimming, x-country skiing wana get my open water dive certification... scrabble, mean yatzee player.........

You've got to know that by now the US CIA "Weapons of Mass destruction" special task force is also tracking this thread and will be launching their own top secret offensive.

My sources say that their invasion comand will be "code 4 brown dog, the squirrel is rabid" Keep your radios locked on channel 66.

Hey maybe they'll lend you some cool toys
post #39 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 01:11 PM

Just spent the better part of an hour trying to find out anything on the web about this Evil Secret Compound, nothing found, and not even an mention of it anywhere. I did read that Elvis is still alive and has been seen in the Burke area, maybe that's where the King lives
post #40 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 02:13 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Outward bound author of the Seinfeld thread who builds his own snowshoes

We get everyone on club tread to go in there at once. SOme people from QUarry road, some from the forest on burke, some from the acess road on wigedon creek, a bunch of people parachoute in and the rest to come from anywhere I missed,

or we could just forget about it and hike elsewhere

From this point on, all serious posts must be immediately followed by a tasteless joke.

In God We Trust, Vengeance Is Mine Sayeth The Lord, No Fear- Indian Larry (1949-2004)

B.F.
post #41 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 08:21 PM

I'm with ja! Scottmojoright! -That is how you spell your name right?

But wait...didn't he get killed?
post #42 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 08:24 PM

Ow ya...i don't suppose any of you have an old Blackhawk that you can lend us right?

Hey i saw this in a movie, we can tunnel in.
post #43 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 09:59 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: trail clearing

And to even further add to the mystery. The photos from the sat have been altered.
What have they to hide. Note that there was an attempt to erase some text on these close ups and you will note that the photos have been altered. The details don't match.
Something is surely afoot. And it aint big foot.
post #44 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 10:15 PM
Summit Master

I don't think anyone's mentioned the rights of the people who live there. While they must have considered this aspect when they acquired the property, and unless they are conflict and stress junkies, and assuming they have legitimate reasons to block the road, it must be an incredible hassle to be continuously dealing with people trying to go through. Maybe they're not friendly with the police either, or they could have some people charged with trespassing, and let word get around. I know I couldn't take the sheer hassle of endlessly presenting the intimidation displays they use.

There is a thing called "gazetted" roads. In short, it means that in general, the public has the right to use any road that has had public money spent on it (and is thus gazetted), and I bet this road has had public money spent on it. This same issue burned on for years over a guy called Striechert (or something like that) who blocked access to a gazetted road essential to access to the south end of the Valhallas.

Meet you at DYE-II?
post #45 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: Adventure, mountain biking, paddling, trekking, hiking, history, bushwhacking, off-trail hiking...

Hmmm... Very suspicious. I don't think anyone has ever seen any movie gear up there. Therefore not a movie set.

Someone should call in an airstrike, then go in on the ground to see what is left. You know, the usual way they do it these days.

What about a recon mission? A probe of their defences?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page