Secret Evil Compound, Quarry Rd, Pitt Lake Hike - Page 11 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #151 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 03:27 PM

Shouldn't we have a trip report from Gerry by now, with all that covert signalling and stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 03:49 PM
Off the Beaten Path

could be that THAY brain washed him and he doesnt recall or that thay planted a diferant memory in him,

Ok so I read too much sci-fi,
post #153 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 06:22 PM

I was soooo looking forward to some interesting follow up as no one was interested in meeting me at the trail head. I would have gone out just cause this thread was so great!! Hopefully, he is compiling all his thoughts of what occurred for his loyal thread followers!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 08:12 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Outward bound author of the Seinfeld thread who builds his own snowshoes

I was going to go but I was in a basketball tournament at SFU. someone say something about what happened in there.

----------------------------------------
From this point on, all serious posts must be immediately followed by a tasteless joke.

In God We Trust, Vengeance Is Mine Sayeth The Lord, No Fear- Indian Larry (1949-2004)

B.F.
post #155 of (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 11:02 AM

I saw we go in, SAS style and we wouldn't come out without any evidence...ow we wouldn't come out.

Peakclimber, you with me?!

We must stand up for our rights, we must fight for our rights and i for one will not be stopped!
post #156 of (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 10:01 PM

I just read this thread, as I was wondering what all the hoopla was about !
What a great read, it should be forwarded to Readers Digest as a short story
post #157 of (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 12:57 AM
Summit Master

Interest: Outdoor stuff...especially scrambling,trailrunning,mountain biking,kayaking,and hiking, and of course photography

Yet I have a funny feeling that it's not really hiking related nor will the answers to all the questions,if disclosed, be all that compelling.As Shakespeare said"Much ado about nothing"......
post #158 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2005, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: Adventure, mountain biking, paddling, trekking, hiking, history, bushwhacking, off-trail hiking...

I will have something for you soon. Still in transit.

Oriana: stay in the loop. Mum's the word.
post #159 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: Adventure, mountain biking, paddling, trekking, hiking, history, bushwhacking, off-trail hiking...

Sorry for the delay, but the journey to my home is not an easy one from Vancouver.

For those of you who were unable to figure out where and when the meeting point for this event was: it was under the north end of the Burrard Street bridge at 5:00 pm, Friday, April 29. Find the post in this thread Posted - 04/10/2005 : 08:07:50 AM. (It is on page 5, about half way down). There you will see an image that flashes only once every 30 seconds, and lasts for only an instant. What you briefly see is an arrow and the words “Right Here” in large, bold, black, handwritten text. The arrow points downwards to what you may think is a forum system text message regarding the editing of the post. The text is not really text. It is actually another image with the date and time of the first meeting point displayed. If you right click on it and select “properties” you will see the name of the image: under_burrard_bridge_north_end.gif Bravo to those who figured it out! [^]

Did anyone show up? Yes!

Those who showed up can identify themselves if they want, and also my apologies to those who I met in Vancouver after the event and was unable to tell you much due to the sensitive nature this trip. You all know who you are.

I will not open up a trip report tread on this topic yet since what was discovered will undoubtedly raise more questions than will be answered.
post #160 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
Off the Beaten Path

Due to extremely high security, including the fabled roving patrols and guard dogs, this was the only image of the grassy compound that could be obtained. Disappointing? Yes. But it turns out that the key to this mystery may not lie within the grassy compound itself anyway. It may lie nearby, perhaps at the end of this strange path.

There is a cave. Easy to get through and not very deep, the cave exits into an alder bottom area on the far side of a rocky knoll.

At the cave exit begins a small road, or footpath, built out of stones. Where these stones came from and who or what piled them like this is a good question. There are no signs of digging, quarrying, or machinery being used to make these extensive rockworks anywhere nearby.

The narrow stone road continues on for quite some distance as it winds through the forest.

The stones appear to be carefully placed on the vegetation of the forest floor, over top of fallen logs, branches and moss. The stone road is about 6 feet wide and 3 feet high.

Eventually the stone road turns into a wooden road. The wooden road continues on, sometimes up a steep hill, for an estimated 4 kilometers. Who built this wooden road? And why? Once again, the labor to build it must have been a lot.

The wooden road is raised off of the forest floor and is covered with moss, needles and other forest debris in most places. However, some of the structure is so intact that it can still be walked on. It does not look strong enough to have ever accepted machinery. I would estimate its age to be about 80 years old. Made from split cedar planks, poles and beams.

More images of the wooden road tommorow. Also, images of what could be described as "The Lost City", complete with ancient massive stoneworks. Believe it or not...
post #161 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 05:49 AM
Summit Master

Druids[?]

----------------------------------------
"No Trail is Long with Good Company"
Russ S.

post #162 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 06:02 AM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: Whatever puts a smile on my face!

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by The Hiker

Druids[?]

Mole people?
post #163 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 10:50 AM

I'm going in!
post #164 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 10:57 AM

Where did you enter from? ... The Munroe lake trail head, park near the entrance??? ALso be on the lookout for a huge four hundred pound dog they have there, lucky you didn't find out about that then... Where did the 'road' made of stone start from and end? GPS locations...
post #165 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Off the Beaten Path

The wooden road, about 7 feet wide, continued on with some sections almost as good as new, other sections colapsed or smashed by falling trees and rocks.

In most places, however, it was in pretty good shape. In a couple of places there were signs of the production of the material to constuct the wooden road.

Underneath, in some places, the road looked like it was make yesterday. Also underneath, in most places, was extensive stoneworks used for supporting the beams and runners.

There was an encounter with a dog. Perhaps the very one you speak of. The wind was not in the dog's favor.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page