Corona virus - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2020, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Default Corona virus

Hopefully its safe to discuss this here.
How is everyone doing with this pandemic? My family (so far) has been able to avoid it and we are a fairly big group. I noticed in the paper the other day that the majority of cases are in Surrey and Abbotsford luckily I'm not near those!
Does anyone have any experience with this disease and I'm not talking the friend of a friend kinda thing, but actual first hand experience. I'd be interested in hearing your story. Theres so many differing opinions about the severity of it, some say that its no worse than a flu, others say its more like every flu you've ever had all at once.
BC's numbers keep going up after we were so good about keeping them low. Now, theres over 100 cases per day for the past few weeks.

Anybody worried? Terrified? Apathetic?

Take a long walk on a short pier...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2020, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

OK lol looks like nobody has an opinion on this.
The numbers are starting to climb again. This isn't going away any time soon. Take care out there!

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2020, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

Definitely concerning. Wish the younger generation, party goers take this virus seriously... as it can people with other health issues; and older generation.

People need to make more steady use of the mask in public, to cut down this spread.

K

Hiking is what keeps you young of mind and heart. When the going gets tough, the tough get going..............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2020, 11:50 AM
Hittin' the Trails

I really hope a vaccine will be developed sooner, the deaths already surpassed 1 million. This is just getting worse and worse.

post #5 of (permalink) Old Today, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

But is it?
Donald Trump caught it and recovered within 4 days. How dangerous can a virus be when an overweight, 74 yr old male can get over it in less than a week?
I know we hear all sorts of horror stories about young, virile people on death's door or worse, but there is always going to be an exception to every case. Makes you wonder about the hidden 'comorbidities' of people, maybe it's in their genes, maybe they have underlying conditions that they aren't even aware of!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page