Corona virus - Page 3 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2021, 03:32 PM
Summit Master

There were rallies in AB too, and even some TV network hosts voicing opinions that government induced restrictions and lockdowns lead to rise of Totalitarianism. Ppl don't like to be told what to do, and education has little to do with it. But this is serious because it is enough 1 in 1000 doesn't listen & everybody pays for it, some with their lives.

3rd wave is not surprise because of Spring break. Imagine what would have happened if out of country travel restrictions were not put in place with all beach parties. There will be 4th and 5th and ... wave and more mutations, modified vaccines that become ineffective against next strain, etc etc. I'd like to be wrong, but I can't see the end anywhere in sight.

btw, as this is primarily outdoors forum, as it stands right now West Coast Trail will be open this summer, Jun 4 to Sep 30, with reservations starting on April 30. See here for more details

Last edited by zeljkok; 04-04-2021 at 03:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2021, 05:02 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Photography, Nature Observation, Health & Fitness, Nutrition, Shinrin-yoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeljkok View Post
Ppl don't like to be told what to do, and education has little to do with it.
There will always be people who won't listen no matter what. The same goes with smokers who don't quit despite the risk of cancer. However, a lot of kids get their information about Covid-19 from social media which is the worst as far as disinformation is concerned. That certainly doesn't help. I've read that Canadian who source their info from social media were less likely to social distance and perceive Covid-19 as a threat.
post #33 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2021, 05:06 PM
Summit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo75 View Post
a lot of kids get their information about Covid-19 from social media which is the worst as far as disinformation is concerned.

Amen to that. Social media is one of worst evils of modern society in general
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2021, 08:21 PM
Summit Master

Interest: I enjoy hiking

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo75 View Post
New restrictions will probably be put in place for BC. People are urged to remain within their own communities.
Yeah the extra sailings that BC Ferries added this past long weekend kind of baffles me.
post #35 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2021, 08:38 PM
Summit Master

In AB they just announced rollback to Phase 1 of reopening; indoor dining banned again, fitness, retail back to 15% etc

https://globalnews.ca/news/7740377/a...-april-6-2021/
post #36 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2021, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

It boils down how governments balance economy and health; ... failing businesses, lost employment, mental health issues............versus .. serious ill health and death due to Covid.

Those who protest, i.e. anti-maskers, and flaunt safety guidelines are the ones who need real hammering in the head.............to bring this point across.

.. this would cut the case count, and hence less in closures of businesses and threat to people's lives and livelihoods

K

Hiking is what keeps you young of mind and heart. When the going gets tough, the tough get going..............

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page