Shitty campers - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2020, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Default Shitty campers

I just can't figure people out. They go out into the bush to experience nature and fresh air and the sound of rushing water, but then make every effort to foul it up.

Buddy and me stayed at an unofficial campsite near a popular Region 2 river last week. The official forest service site nearby was closed. Lovely spot, blocked off so you have to carry in camping gear and every site had a shit and toilet paper pile nearby, and sometimes even on the bank of the river. It drives me nuts that people can't learn to bury their waste. My cat has more sense. That's my rant for the week.

That and cut down trees at campsites. When are people going to realize that when you need firewood, cutting down a green standing tree isn't going to do you any good? Go find some dry stuff , pick it up on your way in, buy it ahead of time, jeez!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2020, 12:10 AM
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
I just can't figure people out. They go out into the bush to experience nature and fresh air and the sound of rushing water, but then make every effort to foul it up.

Buddy and me stayed at an unofficial campsite near a popular Region 2 river last week. The official forest service site nearby was closed. Lovely spot, blocked off so you have to carry in camping gear and every site had a shit and toilet paper pile nearby, and sometimes even on the bank of the river. It drives me nuts that people can't learn to bury their waste. My cat has more sense. That's my rant for the week.

That and cut down trees at campsites. When are people going to realize that when you need firewood, cutting down a green standing tree isn't going to do you any good? Go find some dry stuff , pick it up on your way in, buy it ahead of time, jeez!!
I fully agree with you, the probem campers have been doing their thing of littering, leave garbage at a lot of camping areas. This fecal pile things is another matter.

I just can not understand these people for being so lazy and uncaring of the environment and ruins it for the next user coming.........so disgusting like the middle ages where there were no toilets.

K

Hiking is what keeps you young of mind and heart. When the going gets tough, the tough get going..............
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2020, 01:00 AM
Summit Master

I feel and share your frustration. This is exactly why Parks closed for Covid. Yahoos that don't care for anyone but themselves. Like that moron down in US that pushed ranger in the water when she politely reminded them about social distancing rules in public park Majority camp responsibly and obey rules, but always end up paying price for few that don't.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page