ClubTread Community

ClubTread Community (https://forums.clubtread.com/)
-   The Lodge (https://forums.clubtread.com/28-lodge/)
-   -   2018 Playoffs (https://forums.clubtread.com/28-lodge/90049-2018-playoffs.html)

TheShadow 04-15-2018 02:53 AM

2018 Playoffs

....still no hockey fans in here?

TheShadow 04-21-2018 02:58 AM

Out:
Anaheim - good riddance. Looks like the Perry and Kesler voodoo dolls I made, worked! >:)
LA - Didn't seem to have enough in the tank to face the Vegas team. Dustin Brown is a dirty player....
Minnesota - Unable to solve the Jets. Got some lucky bounces in Game 3 but couldn't follow through.

Moving on:
Vegas...
Winnipeg...
San Jose...

On the ropes:
New Jersey - Doubt that they will prevail.
Toronto - For some reason, I just LOVE to watch Toronto die in the first round...maybe it's because their fans are so cocky when the Leafs are winning? Anybody remember their EPIC choke to the Bruins in 2013?

Putting up a good fight:
Philadelphia - Just when Pittsburgh thinks they've got it made....
Columbus - Like TO, I enjoy watching Washington flounder in the opening round.
Colorado - Watched as PK cost his team another game....just like when he played for Montreal. You ain't Bobby Orr yet.

2nd Round predictions:
The only one to be made at this time is San Jose vs Vegas....I predict Vegas will be victorious, 5 or 6 games.

....and I'll call it as Winnipeg vs Vegas in the Western semi-finals.

5thhorseman 04-22-2018 11:47 AM

I have to agree with you on Winnipeg vs. Vegas in the Western Finals.

This is an unusual year in that first round match-ups haven't proved to be very exciting. No upsets. The second round match-ups could be more compelling, especially in the West. Looking forward to Winnipeg vs. Nashville.

rhinolady 04-22-2018 09:21 PM

It's only April, a little early to start watching the playoffs, I usually wait until early July... gawd they need to cut down the hockey season & the number of teams.

TheShadow 04-24-2018 12:44 AM

Toronto.....the little team that wouldn't......................go away!
You've got some work cut out for you if you think you're going to beat Boston 3 games in a row....and in their own house!

Columbus...damn. Still, it's probably for the best.....I don't think you would have fared well against the Penguins.

Let the quarter finals begin....!

TheShadow 04-26-2018 01:27 AM

Boston prevails....the look on the faces of the TO fans, as the cameras cut to the crowds, was priceless......

Definitely not one of Andersen or Rask's better games.

TheShadow 05-02-2018 10:52 PM

Boston not looking good against Tampa...
Winnipeg rallies from a 3-0 deficit to win 7-4...
Vegas takes the lead in their series....
Washington shocks the Penguins with a late goal to take Game3 and a lead in the series.

treord8 05-04-2018 02:28 PM

I'm more of a basketball fan and don't really follow hockey but, coincidentally, NBA playoffs are pretty much the exact same timing as NHL, so here's my thoughts on the NBA playoffs so far:
- Raptors in full playoff choke mode again. I didn't really expect much different, but still disappointing. I guess it doesn't help when you're going up against the best player of the past 15 years.
- Celtics are playing out of their minds despite missing a few of who would be considered their best players. Young players (Tatum, Rozier, Brown) stepping up, and it just goes to show how great a coach Brad Stevens is. Philly is going to be a great team for years to come too, though.
- Warriors dominating as usual. Hopefully the Rockets can give them more of a run in the next round.
- Jazz making things interesting against the Rockets, but I'm sure Houston will still win the series. It's amazing to watch Donovan Mitchell play; still can't believe he's a rookie, with consistent crazy performances every game and I think he should be rookie of the year, though it's almost certainly going to Ben Simmons. Strong class of rookies this year (Simmons, Mitchell, Tatum, Jarrett Allen, John Collins, Lauri Markkanen, etc.)

TheShadow 05-04-2018 08:08 PM

Vegas and Winnipeg looked downright flaccid during their last two games...I didn't think it would be possible to shutout the Knights!!!
Winnipeg: You need to PLAY for the full 60 minutes...not just the last 5.

Washington looked to take a stranglehold on their series but fell flat..

Will be interesting to see what Boston will do tonight...

TheShadow 05-05-2018 01:59 PM

Vegas and Winnipeg redeemed themselves with victories....the Knight's win more convincing than the Jets.
Boston can't seem to solve the Lightning and is trailing 3 games to 1...the conclusion seems inevitable.

treord8 05-06-2018 12:56 AM

Celtics and Cavs continue to dominate the East, Raptors continue to disappoint....

TheShadow 05-07-2018 10:56 AM

Bruins are toast....Tamps Bay awaits the winner of the Washington/Pittsburgh series.

TheShadow 05-08-2018 12:35 AM

I was more than happy to watch Columbus eliminate Washington...but when that didn't happen, I hoped that they would upset the Penguins.
That part came true.

Now.......as a 'Pegger I would love to watch my home team win the Stanley Cup.
However, IF (big IF by the looks of this game) they make it past Nashville, I'm not so convinced that they will be able to beat Vegas, let alone Tampa Bay.

So my prediction for the finals is Tampa vs. Vegas...Vegas in 6...(but I still hope it's Winnipeg instead of Vegas).

TheShadow 05-11-2018 04:25 AM

Winnipeg eliminates Nashville in 7...on to Vegas!

TheShadow 05-19-2018 12:11 AM

Well, it looks as though Winnipeg is toast....no way are they going to win 3 in a row against Vegas.
Pity....I really wanted them to go to the finals, but that won't happen when you're constantly passing into your teammate's skates or doing that pathetic dump-and-chase game...

I believe that Vegas will steamroll their way to the end, and become Champions.