ClubTread Community

ClubTread Community (https://forums.clubtread.com/)
-   The Lodge (https://forums.clubtread.com/28-lodge/)
-   -   totally unrelated drycleaning rant (https://forums.clubtread.com/28-lodge/7904-totally-unrelated-drycleaning-rant.html)

Spidergirl 10-08-2004 05:26 PM

totally unrelated drycleaning rant

I just picked up our drycleaning. 4 shirts.... one was my husband's..... three were mine. His shirt cost $2.50. Mine cost $5.50 EACH. WTF?????????? This always burns my butt and this time I'm out for blood. "Oh we take special care of blouses" the extortionist behind the counter tells me. I should mention that I'm talking cotton shirts here..... NOT silk blouses. My husband's shirt is TWICE the size of mine and I'm paying more than twice as much? So then she tells met that mine won't fit in the machine or something. What a total crock. I'm reasonably sure that my chest is larger than that of many men. So I'm going to go out and buy a men's shirt that is the same size as one of mine and bust this drycleaning racket once and for good. Enough is enough.

----------------------------------------
The Mountains are calling and I must go. ~John Muir

wilderness_seeker 10-08-2004 06:26 PM

I hear you!!! I also get pissed off that men get charged considerably less for haircuts regardless of the length of hair and how much is getting chopped. I'm not talking about $6 at the barber versus $50 at a salon - I'm talking about men with short hair who go to a salon and get it styled and women with short hair who go to a salon and get it styled.

But.....do your cotton shirts really need to be dry cleaned? I just stick mine in the machine, use the cold water setting and hang them to dry.

But that's not the issue, is it? It's that you are being charged double for a similar item. I have heard people say it's because women are "willing" to pay more, but I certainly ain't!!!

trigger 10-08-2004 07:22 PM

That is because a man will not pay that much.:)
We would just throw it in the wash.;)
(With our work jeans)
Its wrong though thats for sure. Good plan on the mans shirts.[^]

"Anything is Possible"

Spidergirl 10-08-2004 07:53 PM

My husband talked me into taking them to the cleaner because I never get around to ironing them so I don't wear them. I just paid $70 with tax & tip for a haircut and it wasn't even at a high end salon. I couldn't believe it. My hair takes about 1/4 the time to cut my husband's does. He pays $15.

The Mountains are calling and I must go. ~John Muir

BillyGoat 10-08-2004 08:08 PM

Oh it's great to be a guy...
A guy it's great to be,
We belch and fart and swear,
and stand up to go pee!

What would scooby do???

wilderness_seeker 10-08-2004 08:17 PM

And you only need one good suit, if any, and you aren't doubled over in pain for 2 days out of each month ;)

TheShadow 10-08-2004 09:09 PM

...and we don't care if the seat is up or down!

Seriously though SG...I like your plan, it should expose them!

Shadee 10-08-2004 09:41 PM

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by BillyGoat

and stand up to go pee!

oh the times Ive been on rollerblades and wished I could do that - then theres times in the cold backcountry also.... unfair!![:0][:0]

blackfly 10-08-2004 09:53 PM

Hey! A long time ago I bought my then-girlfriend some long underwear and pants that zipped all the way through, so she didn't have to drop her drawers every time she wanted to pee....... And she hated 'em! What gives?

Sheesh, women!:D

mick range 10-08-2004 09:55 PM

Society is full of conspiracies,I think,and drycleaning is one of the worst ripoffs going.Someone is going to disagree,but so are mattresses and boxsprings,and the wacky prices of weddings,luxury cars,and jewellery,to name just a few.And then there's ice wine...Two years ago I rented a tux for about 170 bucks.Hey,for that coin,I should be able to keep it!:)Uhhhhh,I'm done now...

wilderness_seeker 10-08-2004 09:59 PM

Blackfly: I haven't tried them personally, but I wonder if she hated them because it was hard not to pee all over them.

Shadee 10-08-2004 10:13 PM

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by wilderness_seeker

Blackfly: I haven't tried them personally, but I wonder if she hated them because it was hard not to pee all over them.
yep, that makes sense

theres an art to squatting, and face it, women just cant stand up, it doesnt work that way [:0][:0]

Its raining outside isnt it ;):D

Pathfinder 10-08-2004 11:00 PM

I've been told that men's underwear is also much cheaper and more comfortable. (Can't speak from experience having never worn women's underwear.)

Dru 10-09-2004 12:17 AM

"freshette".

now the wimmin can write their names in the snow too

although, i have been told with proper control of the "Kegel muscles" in the "pelvic floor" she's can pee standing without using the freshette funnel devices.

BCer 10-09-2004 02:00 AM

On the hair topic: I know some people just couldn't do it but for those who can, I highly recommend it. Buy clippers or scissors or whatever and cut your own hair. I've saved over $1200 in hair cuts using a $40 or so pair I bought seven years ago! With the investments I made, I bought the company! Just kidding. But they are savings.